Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Rockler stole my idea.

At least they used the drawings that I posted on LumberJocks a year ago,
and built the exact same thing.
The cutouts are exactly as I laid it out.

http://www.rockler.com/rockler-dust-...cuum-hose-reel

I'll post some of the drawings on the binaries.
--
Jeff
Posted to rec.woodworking

woodchucker wrote:

At least they used the drawings that I posted on LumberJocks a year ago,
and built the exact same thing.
The cutouts are exactly as I laid it out.

http://www.rockler.com/rockler-dust-...cuum-hose-reel

I'll post some of the drawings on the binaries.

For those without binary access: http://lumberjocks.com/replies/829091

I see what you're saying but the concept has been around for many years.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/192000696619
http://www.ebay.com/itm/142179251552

https://www.sachvac.com/en/product/a...nted-hose-reel
http://www.productsforautomation.com.../V-117-850.htm

Posted to rec.woodworking

Spalted Walt wrote:
woodchucker wrote:

At least they used the drawings that I posted on
LumberJocks a year
ago, and built the exact same thing.
The cutouts are exactly as I laid it out.

http://www.rockler.com/rockler-dust-...cuum-hose-reel

I'll post some of the drawings on the binaries.

For those without binary access:
http://lumberjocks.com/replies/829091

or
http://www.delorie.com/wood/abpw/

I see what you're saying but the concept has been around
for many
years.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/192000696619
http://www.ebay.com/itm/142179251552

https://www.sachvac.com/en/product/a...nted-hose-reel
http://www.productsforautomation.com.../V-117-850.htm

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 12/19/2016 6:56 PM, Spalted Walt wrote:
woodchucker wrote:

At least they used the drawings that I posted on LumberJocks a year ago,
and built the exact same thing.
The cutouts are exactly as I laid it out.

http://www.rockler.com/rockler-dust-...cuum-hose-reel

I'll post some of the drawings on the binaries.

For those without binary access: http://lumberjocks.com/replies/829091

I see what you're saying but the concept has been around for many years.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/192000696619
http://www.ebay.com/itm/142179251552

https://www.sachvac.com/en/product/a...nted-hose-reel
http://www.productsforautomation.com.../V-117-850.htm

yep, but none, including the new one are for 2.5 hose, but yea, you
found my original post.

--
Jeff
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Mon, 19 Dec 2016 23:56:41 +0000, Spalted Walt
wrote:

woodchucker wrote:

At least they used the drawings that I posted on LumberJocks a year ago,
and built the exact same thing.
The cutouts are exactly as I laid it out.

http://www.rockler.com/rockler-dust-...cuum-hose-reel

I'll post some of the drawings on the binaries.

For those without binary access: http://lumberjocks.com/replies/829091

I see what you're saying but the concept has been around for many years.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/192000696619
http://www.ebay.com/itm/142179251552

The hose doesn't stay connected to the vacuum.

https://www.sachvac.com/en/product/a...nted-hose-reel

That looks like the same thing. Seems that if you have to ask the
price, you can't afford it.

http://www.productsforautomation.com.../V-117-850.htm

Looks like the same. Air and lawn hose reels are pretty much the same
idea, too, except the fluid goes the other direction. ;-)

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 12/19/16 3:47 PM, woodchucker wrote:
At least they used the drawings that I posted on LumberJocks a year ago,
and built the exact same thing.
The cutouts are exactly as I laid it out.

http://www.rockler.com/rockler-dust-...cuum-hose-reel

I'll post some of the drawings on the binaries.

Stolen or not, I'd be too worried about clogs with it rolled up like
that.
Had any? How long is the vac hose on your reel?

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
http://mikedrums.com

---remove "DOT" ^^^^ to reply

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 12/19/2016 10:25 PM, -MIKE- wrote:
On 12/19/16 3:47 PM, woodchucker wrote:
At least they used the drawings that I posted on LumberJocks a year ago,
and built the exact same thing.
The cutouts are exactly as I laid it out.

http://www.rockler.com/rockler-dust-...cuum-hose-reel

I'll post some of the drawings on the binaries.

Stolen or not, I'd be too worried about clogs with it rolled up like that.
Had any? How long is the vac hose on your reel?

You don't want to let it sit on the reel, you unwind then re-roll.

--
Jeff
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Monday, December 19, 2016 at 11:23:17 PM UTC-5, woodchucker wrote:
On 12/19/2016 10:25 PM, -MIKE- wrote:
On 12/19/16 3:47 PM, woodchucker wrote:
At least they used the drawings that I posted on LumberJocks a year ago,
and built the exact same thing.
The cutouts are exactly as I laid it out.

http://www.rockler.com/rockler-dust-...cuum-hose-reel

I'll post some of the drawings on the binaries.

Stolen or not, I'd be too worried about clogs with it rolled up like that.
Had any? How long is the vac hose on your reel?

You don't want to let it sit on the reel, you unwind then re-roll.

--
Jeff

like this?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIlmqkwqeQk
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Tuesday, December 20, 2016 at 6:52:11 AM UTC-5, wrote:
On Monday, December 19, 2016 at 11:23:17 PM UTC-5, woodchucker wrote:
On 12/19/2016 10:25 PM, -MIKE- wrote:
On 12/19/16 3:47 PM, woodchucker wrote:
At least they used the drawings that I posted on LumberJocks a year ago,
and built the exact same thing.
The cutouts are exactly as I laid it out.

http://www.rockler.com/rockler-dust-...cuum-hose-reel

I'll post some of the drawings on the binaries.

Stolen or not, I'd be too worried about clogs with it rolled up like that.
Had any? How long is the vac hose on your reel?

You don't want to let it sit on the reel, you unwind then re-roll.

--
Jeff

like this?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIlmqkwqeQk

It should be spring loaded with a (homemade) ratchet gear and pawl so it
rolls back up by itself. ;-)

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 12/19/16 10:23 PM, woodchucker wrote:
On 12/19/2016 10:25 PM, -MIKE- wrote:
On 12/19/16 3:47 PM, woodchucker wrote:
At least they used the drawings that I posted on LumberJocks a
year ago, and built the exact same thing. The cutouts are exactly
as I laid it out.

http://www.rockler.com/rockler-dust-...cuum-hose-reel

I'll post some of the drawings on the binaries.

Stolen or not, I'd be too worried about clogs with it rolled up
like that. Had any? How long is the vac hose on your reel?

You don't want to let it sit on the reel, you unwind then re-roll.

I like it as a storage unit, but I'm not sure I'd like to have to unroll
the whole thing every time I want to use it, even when I only need a
couple feet of hose.

Of course, looking at my current shop vac hose in the shop, I pretty
much have to untangle the mess and re-tangle it every time. Hmmm....

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
http://mikedrums.com

---remove "DOT" ^^^^ to reply

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Tue, 20 Dec 2016 10:55:33 -0600, -MIKE-
wrote:

[...]

Ya but you could get an inductive static discharge...............

;
Posted to rec.woodworking

Markem wrote in
:

Ya but you could get an inductive static discharge...............

;

If I hear about a shop exploding, I know whos it was!

Puckdropper
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

[...]

Between that and the oak rust, I better make sure my home owner's policy
is paid up. :-D

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)