Posted to alt.home.repair

Default They stole my house

"Malinda Crichton's new house wasn't burglarized. It wasn't robbed. It
was stolen.

"My house was stolen. It was stolen!" Crichton said.

She’s talking about the whole house being taken away under cover of
darkness."

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/10/13/tiny-house-reported-stolen-in-california.html
Posted to alt.home.repair

Oren
Mon, 17 Oct 2016
19:30:05 GMT in alt.home.repair, wrote:

"Malinda Crichton's new house wasn't burglarized. It wasn't
robbed. It was stolen.

"My house was stolen. It was stolen!" Crichton said.

She’s talking about the whole house being taken away under cover
of darkness."

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/10/13...rted-stolen-in
-california.html

That's what happens when your house is on wheels and someone has access
to a truck capable of hauling it. Maybe the cops will luckout and be
able to lift prints off the tow hitch, or, the shopping center has
decent cameras and they can get a visual of the vehicle that dropped it
off for her. Would be especially nice to get the license plate. Then
the cops could pay the registered owner a visit.

--
Make yourself sheep and the wolves will eat you.
Benjamin Franklin
Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
says...

Oren
Mon, 17 Oct 2016
19:30:05 GMT in alt.home.repair, wrote:

"Malinda Crichton's new house wasn't burglarized. It wasn't
robbed. It was stolen.

"My house was stolen. It was stolen!" Crichton said.

She?s talking about the whole house being taken away under cover
of darkness."

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/10/13...rted-stolen-in
-california.html

That's what happens when your house is on wheels and someone has access
to a truck capable of hauling it. Maybe the cops will luckout and be
able to lift prints off the tow hitch, or, the shopping center has
decent cameras and they can get a visual of the vehicle that dropped it
off for her. Would be especially nice to get the license plate. Then
the cops could pay the registered owner a visit.

Fellow at work went off with another to play golf. When he got back to
his house, it was gone. A single wide mobile home. All that was left
was a pile of his cloths.

His wife had her family hook up to it and drag it off. Now as it could
only happed in real life, they devoiced, about a year later got married
again. Back in that mobile home. This time he got someone with a torch
to cut the hitch off of it.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Monday, October 17, 2016 at 10:12:36 PM UTC-5, Ralph Mowery wrote:
[...]

I'm confused by "devoiced". Did both of them have their vocal cords removed? It would definitely cut down on arguments. (・_・ヾ

[8~{} Uncle Noisy Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

Ralph Mowery
k.net Tue, 18 Oct
2016 03:12:39 GMT in alt.home.repair, wrote:

In article
,

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/10/13...eported-stolen
-in -california.html

That's what happens when your house is on wheels and someone has
access to a truck capable of hauling it. Maybe the cops will
luckout and be able to lift prints off the tow hitch, or, the
shopping center has decent cameras and they can get a visual of
the vehicle that dropped it off for her. Would be especially nice
to get the license plate. Then the cops could pay the registered
owner a visit.

Fellow at work went off with another to play golf. When he got
back to his house, it was gone. A single wide mobile home. All
that was left was a pile of his cloths.

****. Someone broke the seal on the power meter and removed it then?
That alone scores a felony in some places. Someone obviously had to
take the time to disconnect the wires from the pole to the main panel
as well as disconnect water/sewage lines too. Nobody got fined into
near oblivion for this? I'm surprised.

His wife had her family hook up to it and drag it off. Now as it
could only happed in real life, they devoiced, about a year later
got married again. Back in that mobile home. This time he got
someone with a torch to cut the hitch off of it.

Funny yet sad thing about marriage. Depending on the laws in your
state, wife can do whatever she likes to mutual property as can you.
Er, except from removing power/water lines, that is. Power
company/water company tends to get ****y when the average joe goes
messing around like that.

I'm surprised (unless people in the family work for power/water
companies? and even then, wasn't proper) nobody got in any trouble
for disconnecting the power/water and sewage lines prior to moving
it.

--
Make yourself sheep and the wolves will eat you.
Benjamin Franklin

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Monday, October 17, 2016 at 11:12:36 PM UTC-4, Ralph Mowery wrote:

Fellow at work went off with another to play golf. When he got back to
his house, it was gone. A single wide mobile home. All that was left
was a pile of his cloths.

My brother and I went camping many years ago. We put everything in the
tent based on the prediction of rain. Stove, lanterns, lawn chairs, etc.
The only thing we left outside was the food cooler.

We left the campsite for a few hours and came back to find ... the cooler.

This happened in a crowded state campground, not some remote wilderness
area. When we asked around, a few people admitted that they thought it was
strange when the 4 guys got out of the pickup truck, pulled the tent stakes,
wrestled the tent - with all the contents still inside - into the bed of the
pickup and then drove off. They assumed that they were simply in a hurry to
leave.

Idiots.