Posted to rec.woodworking
Woodchuck34

Default RT 1000 Router Table stole Norm's Plan

I read the recent post about the RT 1000 Router Table as I was curious.
Clicked on the site and low and behold a very familiar router table
popped up. Is it me, or is this almost an exact duplicate of Norm's
router table?

Or maybe Norm copied the Rt 1000!

Chuck

Original Post:

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.w...bf471c08046935

Norm's Router Table:
http://www.newyankee.com/getproduct3.cgi?0301

RT 1000:
http://rt1000.com/

Posted to rec.woodworking
sbc

um all router tables look similar, I can see a few differences, wish I had
a copyright on kitchen cabinets
"Woodchuck34" wrote in message
oups.com...
I read the recent post about the RT 1000 Router Table as I was curious.
Clicked on the site and low and behold a very familiar router table
popped up. Is it me, or is this almost an exact duplicate of Norm's
router table?

Or maybe Norm copied the Rt 1000!

Chuck

Original Post:

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.w...bf471c08046935

Norm's Router Table:
http://www.newyankee.com/getproduct3.cgi?0301

RT 1000:
http://rt1000.com/

Posted to rec.woodworking
Chuck

Woodchuck34 wrote:
I read the recent post about the RT 1000 Router Table as I was curious.
Clicked on the site and low and behold a very familiar router table
popped up. Is it me, or is this almost an exact duplicate of Norm's
router table?

Or maybe Norm copied the Rt 1000!

Chuck

I just ordered plans and the CD for Norm's. Watched the show and looked
the plans over and I agree; the RT-1000 looks like a clone with some
mild changes.

Chuck B.

Posted to rec.woodworking
John McCoy

"Woodchuck34" wrote in
oups.com:

I read the recent post about the RT 1000 Router Table as I was
curious.
Clicked on the site and low and behold a very familiar router table
popped up. Is it me, or is this almost an exact duplicate of Norm's
router table?

Or maybe Norm copied the Rt 1000!

Norm's looks almost identical to one in Hylton & Matlack's book.
Which has been around since ~1990, so likely predates Norm's
design. I have no idea if they copied someone else, but I'm
guessing the basic design probably goes back a ways.

John
Posted to rec.woodworking
alexy

"Woodchuck34" wrote:

I read the recent post about the RT 1000 Router Table as I was curious.
Clicked on the site and low and behold a very familiar router table
popped up. Is it me, or is this almost an exact duplicate of Norm's
router table?

Or maybe Norm copied the Rt 1000!

Chuck

Original Post:

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.w...bf471c08046935

Norm's Router Table:
http://www.newyankee.com/getproduct3.cgi?0301

RT 1000:
http://rt1000.com/

And not just them. There is Woodhaven at
http://www.woodhaven.com/detail.aspx?ID=69

And I have seen lots of others that haven't copied the unique idea of
having drawers and doors in a cabinet, but have stolen Norm's idea of
having a hole in the center of the table through which the bit
protrudes, and a fence for guiding the work. The nerve of those folks
stealing Norm's ideas for their profit.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Connor Aston

Ahem . . . excuse me - "copyright" is MY word. So STOP IT!

um all router tables look similar, I can see a few differences, wish I
had
a copyright on kitchen cabinets

Posted to rec.woodworking
LRod

On Tue, 31 Jan 2006 00:29:46 GMT, Larry Kraus
wrote:

"Woodchuck34" wrote:

I read the recent post about the RT 1000 Router Table as I was curious.
Clicked on the site and low and behold a very familiar router table
popped up. Is it me, or is this almost an exact duplicate of Norm's
router table?

Or maybe Norm copied the Rt 1000!

Chuck

As I recall, Norm based his table on a plan that originally appeared
in a magazine...

As a matter of fact, Ellis Walentine had a large hand in the design
(and a small part in the NYW episode) when he was the editor. There is
an article on the WoodCentral website (Articles section) that tells
the story.

--
LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite

Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999

http://www.woodbutcher.net

care to correspond with you anyway.

Centering router on table base Oleg Lego Woodworking 49 January 15th 06 03:36 AM
Router table Art Ransom Woodworking 2 March 18th 05 11:10 PM
PC 7518 / router table CNT Woodworking 13 March 2nd 05 01:28 PM
Router Table Top Questions Max Mahanke Woodworking 1 May 10th 04 07:12 PM
General International Table Saw Dimensions Bruce Woodworking 8 February 22nd 04 04:53 AM