Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Ping Leon

Here's some pics of the barn tools. I had forgotten, there's a Powermatic planer against the back wall, also. The 12 X 12 posts, near the RAS and Unisaw, supports the I-beam. A bit of the lumber cache, also.

The jointer pics are of the Cresent, in New Iberia, that Hub had sent me. That Northfield, in Dallas, that's the pics you had seen. I didn't go to Dallas, to look at it.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/43836144@N04/

Sonny
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 8/9/2016 8:28 AM, Sonny wrote:
Here's some pics of the barn tools. I had forgotten, there's a
Powermatic planer against the back wall, also. The 12 X 12 posts,
near the RAS and Unisaw, supports the I-beam. A bit of the lumber
cache, also.

Thank you, that is quite a layout. I wish my stash of lumber was as big
as yours. :!)

I had a Craftsman RAS like yours many years ago. I originally bought it
in 1979 and kept it until about 1987. I bought a Craftsman TS in 1983
and never again used the RAS. And then replaced the Craftsman TS with a
Jet cabinet saw in 1999 and replaced that with the ISO SawStop about 3
years ago.

The jointer pics are of the Cresent, in New Iberia, that Hub had sent
me. That Northfield, in Dallas, that's the pics you had seen. I
didn't go to Dallas, to look at it.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/43836144@N04/

Sonny

I saw a piece on the Northfield foundry in youtube several months ago.
IIRC they are more into refurbishing old equipment these days.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Tuesday, August 9, 2016 at 9:23:42 AM UTC-5, Leon wrote:

I had a Craftsman RAS like yours many years ago.

Those tools belong to Jonas, not me. The 3-wheeler is his, also. He likes repairing those sorts of things. I'm not so mechanically inclined.

That area looks clean, now. It wasn't too long ago, he and his son cleaned up that area.... part of the task of making room and installing that large cabinet, behind the RAS.

I saw a piece on the Northfield foundry in youtube several months ago.
IIRC they are more into refurbishing old equipment these days.

When considering buying the Dallas Northfield, I had contacted Northfield for a history of that jointer. Northfield is still in business, unlike other old machine manufacturers. They have the record of production date, specs, and where it's been (owner's name, also), since it left the factory. Yep, parts are still available for many, if not all, those older machines.

Sonny

Ping Leon Sonny Woodworking 3 October 30th 14 11:16 PM
Ping Leon Gramp's shop[_2_] Woodworking 1 February 22nd 13 05:44 AM
Leon's Desk... (ping Leon) Morris Dovey Woodworking 8 July 29th 08 01:49 PM
Ping Leon. stoutman Woodworking 16 March 2nd 06 05:13 AM
Ping Leon JGS Woodworking 3 June 21st 05 02:59 PM