Posted to rec.woodworking
Sonny Sonny is offline

Default Ping Leon

On Tuesday, August 9, 2016 at 9:23:42 AM UTC-5, Leon wrote:

I had a Craftsman RAS like yours many years ago.

Those tools belong to Jonas, not me. The 3-wheeler is his, also. He likes repairing those sorts of things. I'm not so mechanically inclined.

That area looks clean, now. It wasn't too long ago, he and his son cleaned up that area.... part of the task of making room and installing that large cabinet, behind the RAS.

I saw a piece on the Northfield foundry in youtube several months ago.
IIRC they are more into refurbishing old equipment these days.

When considering buying the Dallas Northfield, I had contacted Northfield for a history of that jointer. Northfield is still in business, unlike other old machine manufacturers. They have the record of production date, specs, and where it's been (owner's name, also), since it left the factory. Yep, parts are still available for many, if not all, those older machines.

Sonny