Posted to rec.woodworking

Default is this osage

http://images.craigslist.org/01616_7...E_1200x900.jpg

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Tue, 14 Jun 2016 12:39:49 -0700, Electric Comet
wrote:

http://images.craigslist.org/01616_7...E_1200x900.jpg

Might be, though Osage has a silica content dulls the tools quickly.
Posted to rec.woodworking

That sure yellow like Osage Orange or Horse Apple wood.

I have a stick of it that I have aged for 30 years. In the
20 year time, I put it on my metal lathe and turned down a cylinder.
It is so hard it shines. I then let that continue to calm.

No telling what I'll make, but it is beautiful.

Martin

wrote:

http://images.craigslist.org/01616_7...E_1200x900.jpg

Might be, though Osage has a silica content dulls the tools quickly.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Tue, 14 Jun 2016 17:22:10 -0500
Markem wrote:

Might be, though Osage has a silica content dulls the tools quickly.

interesting because silica dust is bad stuff

slice and dice your lungs

for hand carving and shaping though no problem

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Tue, 14 Jun 2016 22:36:41 -0500
Martin Eastburn wrote:

No telling what I'll make, but it is beautiful.

supposed to make good long bows

Posted to rec.woodworking

Martin Eastburn wrote:

No telling what I'll make, but it is beautiful.

supposed to make good long bows

Yew sure about that?
Posted to rec.woodworking

Markem wrote:

Might be, though Osage has a silica content dulls the tools quickly.

interesting because silica dust is bad stuff

slice and dice your lungs

Get a Festool dust extractor.

for hand carving and shaping though no problem

Posted to rec.woodworking

Markem wrote:

Might be, though Osage has a silica content dulls the tools quickly.

interesting because silica dust is bad stuff

slice and dice your lungs

Get a Festool dust extractor.

Some would argue that the the risk of lung disease is an acceptable risk
compared to the expense of a Festool dust Extractor.

I'm not one. ;~)

Posted to rec.woodworking

Markem wrote:

Might be, though Osage has a silica content dulls the tools quickly.

interesting because silica dust is bad stuff

slice and dice your lungs

Get a Festool dust extractor.

Some would argue that the the risk of lung disease is an acceptable risk
compared to the expense of a Festool dust Extractor.

I'm not one. ;~)

Well, you were sleeping on the job so I thought I'd help out. ;-)
Posted to rec.woodworking

Markem wrote:

Might be, though Osage has a silica content dulls the tools quickly.

interesting because silica dust is bad stuff

slice and dice your lungs

Get a Festool dust extractor.

Some would argue that the the risk of lung disease is an acceptable risk
compared to the expense of a Festool dust Extractor.

I'm not one. ;~)

Well, you were sleeping on the job so I thought I'd help out. ;-)

I appreciate it! LOL

Osage Orange Roger Jensen Woodworking 3 October 9th 07 09:45 PM
FS osage orange burl Rich Coers Woodturning 5 October 24th 04 07:04 AM
50 bf of osage orange todd the wood junkie Woodworking 10 September 1st 04 06:14 PM
Osage Orange or Yellowheart Gary Greenberg Woodworking 6 April 7th 04 08:54 PM