Rich Coers

Default FS osage orange burl

Despite having enough turning stock to last more than my lifetime, I
continue to harvest. I made an incredible find last weekend. This was the
oldest osage I have ever seen, must have been 32" in diameter at the base.
But the great news, this thing is covered with burl from top to bottom. So
far I have taken off about 500 lbs and am still cutting. Sizes range from
baseball size (Christmas ornament size) to a slab I took off tonight that is
16" wide by 32" long and 12"thick at the burl cap. I live in central
Illinois and will be selling some of this for $4 a pound. I'll try to get
some photos in the next couple of days if you are interested. I have to do a
demo at Woodcraft Saturday and have to get ready for that as well. And there
is more burl to harvest!!!!! So little time.......

William Day

On Thu, 09 Sep 2004 02:35:40 GMT, "Rich Coers"
wrote:

Despite having enough turning stock to last more than my lifetime, I
continue to harvest. I made an incredible find last weekend. This was the
oldest osage I have ever seen, must have been 32" in diameter at the base.
But the great news, this thing is covered with burl from top to bottom. So
far I have taken off about 500 lbs and am still cutting. Sizes range from
baseball size (Christmas ornament size) to a slab I took off tonight that is
16" wide by 32" long and 12"thick at the burl cap. I live in central
Illinois and will be selling some of this for $4 a pound. I'll try to get
some photos in the next couple of days if you are interested. I have to do a
demo at Woodcraft Saturday and have to get ready for that as well. And there
is more burl to harvest!!!!! So little time.......

I'd love to see some pictures. I have turned a LOT of Osage, but have
never seen it burled. I might like to try some, once I see what burls
are like.
Bruce

"Rich Coers" wrote in message om...
Despite having enough turning stock to last more than my lifetime, I
continue to harvest. I made an incredible find last weekend. This was the
oldest osage I have ever seen, must have been 32" in diameter at the base.
But the great news, this thing is covered with burl from top to bottom. So
far I have taken off about 500 lbs and am still cutting. Sizes range from
baseball size (Christmas ornament size) to a slab I took off tonight that is
16" wide by 32" long and 12"thick at the burl cap. I live in central
Illinois and will be selling some of this for $4 a pound. I'll try to get
some photos in the next couple of days if you are interested. I have to do a
demo at Woodcraft Saturday and have to get ready for that as well. And there
is more burl to harvest!!!!! So little time.......

Hey Dick:

Would you possibly bring some to the demonstration? I've got to do a
Pen Turning Demonstration down at the riverfront in the morning, but
will stop by Woodcraft when I'm done there. I'd like to see some of
what you have.

Thanks, Bruce

djborek

I would like to but a few hundred lb of your burl and any other burls you
have.
David J. Borek 512-263-7353

djborek

I am indeed sorry about the misspelled word I put in my last email. I
wanted to buy 200 lb of your osage Orange Burl. call me tool free at
1-866-744-9663 at Bronwyn, Ltd. David J. Borek