Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Work Bench - Estate Sale in Tyler, Tx.

Anyone in the Dallas area looking for an old(?) work bench? Might be had for reasonably cheap.

Page half way down, among the pics:
https://www.estatesales.net/TX/Tyler/75701/1192098

Sonny
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Friday, May 27, 2016 at 8:42:36 AM UTC-4, Sonny wrote:
Anyone in the Dallas area looking for an old(?) work bench? Might be had for reasonably cheap.

Page half way down, among the pics:
https://www.estatesales.net/TX/Tyler/75701/1192098

Sonny

Direct links to workbench pictures:

https://picturescdn.estatesales.net/...29603264/1.jpg
https://picturescdn.estatesales.net/...29603263/1.jpg

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Fri, 27 May 2016 22:14:43 -0500, Martin Eastburn
wrote:

Looks like an old Rail Road man. Nice stuff.
Martin

Yes, I agree, but it would take what is left of my life just to sort
it out. Best to pass it on to heirs that care with enough cash to
carry out the intents of the parents.

They even had a "Cash iron pot" with plants on the porch, stoop,
veranda, or whatever its called.

On 5/27/2016 9:50 AM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Friday, May 27, 2016 at 8:42:36 AM UTC-4, Sonny wrote:
Anyone in the Dallas area looking for an old(?) work bench? Might be had for reasonably cheap.

Page half way down, among the pics:
https://www.estatesales.net/TX/Tyler/75701/1192098

Sonny

Direct links to workbench pictures:

https://picturescdn.estatesales.net/...29603264/1.jpg
https://picturescdn.estatesales.net/...29603263/1.jpg

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Saturday, May 28, 2016 at 11:24:31 PM UTC-5, OFWW wrote:

They even had a "Cash iron pot" with plants on the porch, stoop,
veranda, or whatever its called.

Though the sale has ended, I took another look at the pics. First time around I missed that double cast iron sink (pic #100), with double drain and backsplash across the whole unit. Lots of folks around here look for those "complete" sinks, for their camps. They are very desirable for game/fish/etc. cleaning. I've only seen three and one of those is in my younger brother's camp.

The one my brother has is huge, about 10' wide and the backsplash is about a foot or so high, really unusual. It must have originally been in a commercial setting.

Sonny

Sonny

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sun, 29 May 2016 06:24:28 -0700 (PDT), Sonny
wrote:

On Saturday, May 28, 2016 at 11:24:31 PM UTC-5, OFWW wrote:

They even had a "Cash iron pot" with plants on the porch, stoop,
veranda, or whatever its called.

Though the sale has ended, I took another look at the pics. First time around I missed that double cast iron sink (pic #100), with double drain and backsplash across the whole unit. Lots of folks around here look for those "complete" sinks, for their camps. They are very desirable for game/fish/etc. cleaning. I've only seen three and one of those is in my younger brother's camp.

The one my brother has is huge, about 10' wide and the backsplash is about a foot or so high, really unusual. It must have originally been in a commercial setting.

Sonny

Sonny

Is the fishing really that good around there where you are?
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sunday, May 29, 2016 at 1:54:50 PM UTC-5, OFWW wrote:

Is the fishing really that good around there where you are?

Yes....

I assume it's normal to catch a med or large ice chest full of bream (daytime fishing) or white perch (day or night fishing). Salt water (snapper, red fish, others), 2-3 large chests is common. There's deer/duck hunting caches to be cleaned, cut up, wrapped. Not uncommon to catch 50-100-200 frogs a night, also. Quantities of vegetable handling/cleaning. Large sinks are almost a must, no matter if they're new or old.

Those old cast iron double sinks are very desireable. Much preferred to a one sink/drain unit, then having to moving on to a wood/formica countertop for further handling. Some of those old CI units have deep sinks, great for the large strainers we often use: https://www.google.com/search?q=craw...1280& bih=841

Sometimes, if a large sink or other container is not in use/available, folks use a water hose, off to the side/on the ground, i.e., not a good established place for cleaning/processing, etc, .... The area becomes muddy, less cleanliness control at times, or such, when that's the case.

Those old double sinks/double drains, *in good shape, are fairly rare. Seldom does one become available. The one in that pic looked pretty good.... easily a $300-$600 (maybe/probably more, depending on the bidders) sink.

Sonny
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sun, 29 May 2016 12:33:28 -0700 (PDT), Sonny
wrote:

On Sunday, May 29, 2016 at 1:54:50 PM UTC-5, OFWW wrote:

Is the fishing really that good around there where you are?

Yes....

Hmmm, I'm going to have to see if I can talk my wife into moving
there, but I want to try some in Oregon first.

I assume it's normal to catch a med or large ice chest full of bream (daytime fishing) or white perch (day or night fishing). Salt water (snapper, red fish, others), 2-3 large chests is common. There's deer/duck hunting caches to be cleaned, cut up, wrapped. Not uncommon to catch 50-100-200 frogs a night, also. Quantities of vegetable handling/cleaning. Large sinks are almost a must, no matter if they're new or old.

Here, in So Cal it just isn't that great. Ocean fishing is slowing
down due to the raping of the seas by the Asian fishing fleets. Calif
was supposed to protect our fish, what a laugh, now they are closing
down great areas.

When I was a kid, ocean fishing was a lot like you described, but no
more.

Those old cast iron double sinks are very desireable. Much preferred to a one sink/drain unit, then having to moving on to a wood/formica countertop for further handling. Some of those old CI units have deep sinks, great for the large strainers we often use: https://www.google.com/search?q=craw...1280& bih=841

Sometimes, if a large sink or other container is not in use/available, folks use a water hose, off to the side/on the ground, i.e., not a good established place for cleaning/processing, etc, .... The area becomes muddy, less cleanliness control at times, or such, when that's the case.

Those old double sinks/double drains, *in good shape, are fairly rare. Seldom does one become available. The one in that pic looked pretty good.... easily a $300-$600 (maybe/probably more, depending on the bidders) sink.

Sonny

That would have been worth the travel then. I glossed over it, knowing
I'd never be able to get there in time to pick anything up.
Thanks for the link.