Posted to rec.woodworking

Default planer by the inch with sample num

------- ------------ ---------- -------------
samples planer width avg. price cost per inch
_______ ____________ __________ _____________

1 12 515.00 42.92
4 12.5 347.25 27.78
7 13 572.86 44.07
1 14.875 3060.00 205.71
8 15 2152.00 143.47
2 16 2264.50 141.53
13 20 4388.31 219.42
2 22 6012.50 273.30
1 24 11999.00 499.96
2 25 13984.50 559.38
1 26 12999.00 499.96
1 40 21800.00 545.00
1 55 31500.00 572.73
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Friday, April 15, 2016 at 4:49:26 PM UTC-4, Electric Comet wrote:
------- ------------ ---------- -------------
samples planer width avg. price cost per inch
_______ ____________ __________ _____________

1 12 515.00 42.92
4 12.5 347.25 27.78
7 13 572.86 44.07
1 14.875 3060.00 205.71
8 15 2152.00 143.47
2 16 2264.50 141.53
13 20 4388.31 219.42
2 22 6012.50 273.30
1 24 11999.00 499.96
2 25 13984.50 559.38
1 26 12999.00 499.96
1 40 21800.00 545.00
1 55 31500.00 572.73

Shipping costs included?
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Friday, April 15, 2016 at 4:49:26 PM UTC-4, Electric Comet wrote:
------- ------------ ---------- -------------
samples planer width avg. price cost per inch
_______ ____________ __________ _____________

1 12 515.00 42.92
4 12.5 347.25 27.78
7 13 572.86 44.07
1 14.875 3060.00 205.71
8 15 2152.00 143.47
2 16 2264.50 141.53
13 20 4388.31 219.42
2 22 6012.50 273.30
1 24 11999.00 499.96
2 25 13984.50 559.38
1 26 12999.00 499.96
1 40 21800.00 545.00
1 55 31500.00 572.73

Curious, is sampling one planer of a specific size (and not bothering providing the make/model) akin to asking the question - How much does a car cost?
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 4/15/2016 3:47 PM, Electric Comet wrote:
------- ------------ ---------- -------------
samples planer width avg. price cost per inch
_______ ____________ __________ _____________

1 12 515.00 42.92
4 12.5 347.25 27.78
7 13 572.86 44.07
1 14.875 3060.00 205.71
8 15 2152.00 143.47
2 16 2264.50 141.53
13 20 4388.31 219.42
2 22 6012.50 273.30
1 24 11999.00 499.96
2 25 13984.50 559.38
1 26 12999.00 499.96
1 40 21800.00 545.00
1 55 31500.00 572.73

Totally and absolutely useless and with no meaning information.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Friday, April 15, 2016 at 5:04:50 PM UTC-4, Leon wrote:
On 4/15/2016 3:47 PM, Electric Comet wrote:
------- ------------ ---------- -------------
samples planer width avg. price cost per inch
_______ ____________ __________ _____________

1 12 515.00 42.92
4 12.5 347.25 27.78
7 13 572.86 44.07
1 14.875 3060.00 205.71
8 15 2152.00 143.47
2 16 2264.50 141.53
13 20 4388.31 219.42
2 22 6012.50 273.30
1 24 11999.00 499.96
2 25 13984.50 559.38
1 26 12999.00 499.96
1 40 21800.00 545.00
1 55 31500.00 572.73

Totally and absolutely useless and with no meaning information.

So it's not just me...and you were expecting something different?

Posted to rec.woodworking

Leon wrote:
On 4/15/2016 3:47 PM, Electric Comet wrote:
------- ------------ ---------- -------------
samples planer width avg. price cost per inch
_______ ____________ __________ _____________

1 12 515.00 42.92
4 12.5 347.25 27.78
7 13 572.86 44.07
1 14.875 3060.00 205.71
8 15 2152.00 143.47
2 16 2264.50 141.53
13 20 4388.31 219.42
2 22 6012.50 273.30
1 24 11999.00 499.96
2 25 13984.50 559.38
1 26 12999.00 499.96
1 40 21800.00 545.00
1 55 31500.00 572.73

Totally and absolutely useless and with no meaning information.

Are you kidding, I just scratched 55" planer off of my list! ; )
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Fri, 15 Apr 2016 17:27:38 -0400, Bill
wrote:

Leon wrote:
On 4/15/2016 3:47 PM, Electric Comet wrote:
------- ------------ ---------- -------------
samples planer width avg. price cost per inch
_______ ____________ __________ _____________

1 12 515.00 42.92
4 12.5 347.25 27.78
7 13 572.86 44.07
1 14.875 3060.00 205.71
8 15 2152.00 143.47
2 16 2264.50 141.53
13 20 4388.31 219.42
2 22 6012.50 273.30
1 24 11999.00 499.96
2 25 13984.50 559.38
1 26 12999.00 499.96
1 40 21800.00 545.00
1 55 31500.00 572.73

Totally and absolutely useless and with no meaning information.

Are you kidding, I just scratched 55" planer off of my list! ; )

LOL!

Your wife said that you only need a 40" one anyway.
Posted to rec.woodworking

John McCoy wrote in
:

Gonna guess that for most of those, there is only one of
that size on the market (in other words, the Comet's
survey captured all the available data).

However, going off on a tangent, I have to wonder about
the thinking of the company offering a 14 7/8" inch
planer. The value of that size escapes me.

John

It's probably one of those things where they use 15" knives and reduce the
available width by a tiny amount so as not to leave a ridge on the edge of
the board.

Puckdropper

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 4/15/2016 5:03 PM, Leon wrote:
On 4/15/2016 3:47 PM, Electric Comet wrote:
------- ------------ ---------- -------------
samples planer width avg. price cost per inch
_______ ____________ __________ _____________

1 12 515.00 42.92
4 12.5 347.25 27.78
7 13 572.86 44.07
1 14.875 3060.00 205.71
8 15 2152.00 143.47
2 16 2264.50 141.53
13 20 4388.31 219.42
2 22 6012.50 273.30
1 24 11999.00 499.96
2 25 13984.50 559.38
1 26 12999.00 499.96
1 40 21800.00 545.00
1 55 31500.00 572.73

Totally and absolutely useless and with no meaning information.

Let's see, most of my stock is under 10", but I do occasionally have
some 12- 14" pieces. Assuming the heavy duty planers cost more per
inch, give me 11" @ $499.96 and another 4" @ $42.92 for the one off
jobs. Together, that should cover all my needs.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 4/15/2016 4:03 PM, Leon wrote:
On 4/15/2016 3:47 PM, Electric Comet wrote:
------- ------------ ---------- -------------
samples planer width avg. price cost per inch
_______ ____________ __________ _____________

1 12 515.00 42.92
4 12.5 347.25 27.78
7 13 572.86 44.07
1 14.875 3060.00 205.71
8 15 2152.00 143.47
2 16 2264.50 141.53
13 20 4388.31 219.42
2 22 6012.50 273.30
1 24 11999.00 499.96
2 25 13984.50 559.38
1 26 12999.00 499.96
1 40 21800.00 545.00
1 55 31500.00 572.73

Totally and absolutely useless and with no meaning information.

LOL! I knew that by the identity of the poster. No need to read either
the subject line or the body.