Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Blame it on Leon....

Or put another way, he'll probably take credit for it....

About a month ago, Leon replied to a post and supplied a link. On that link was a farm table project: http://www.augustoakwoodworks.com/home/videos/

I've been taking care of Mom 4 days a week and, sometimes, have a little time to myself, while there. I had some salvaged cypress stashed in the back of the property, there, and decided to pull the nails, power wash the planks and build a similar farm table. I finished spraying it today. Just have to attach the top to the base. 9'5" long, 36" wide, 30" high. The top is a full 2"+ thick and fairly heavy.

I hope the mitered corners stay intact, i.e., wood movement. I was aware of this possibility, when I decided to miter the corners.

I thought spraying the bolts black was a good idea, as in the above farm table.

A fun, neat project: https://www.flickr.com/photos/43836144@N04/?

Thanks to Leon for the timely link.

Sonny