Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Thoughts on the Wood River model 151223?

Anyone have any experience/issues with this mortiser?

http://www.woodcraft.com/product/151...s.aspx#REVIEWS

Thanks.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Thursday, September 10, 2015 at 11:00:27 PM UTC-5, Michael wrote:
Anyone have any experience/issues with this mortiser?

http://www.woodcraft.com/product/151...s.aspx#REVIEWS

Thanks.

So I bought this mortiser from a guy for $100.00. He got it as a gift a couple of years ago and never used it.

I cannot believe how easy it is to cut mortises with a machine rather than using my router, a jig, and a chisel. I damn near broke down into tears.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 9/13/2015 12:50 PM, Michael wrote:
On Thursday, September 10, 2015 at 11:00:27 PM UTC-5, Michael wrote:
Anyone have any experience/issues with this mortiser?

http://www.woodcraft.com/product/151...s.aspx#REVIEWS

Thanks.

So I bought this mortiser from a guy for $100.00. He got it as a gift a couple of years ago and never used it.

I cannot believe how easy it is to cut mortises with a machine rather than using my router, a jig, and a chisel. I damn near broke down into tears.

Mine is a late 90's Delta, but the design is virtually identical,
probably built in same factory in Chi-wan.

Been ver serviceable thus far. Have cut thousands of mortises with it,
and still a goto for through mortices, despite owning a Multi-Router.

--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 9/13/2015 12:50 PM, Michael wrote:
On Thursday, September 10, 2015 at 11:00:27 PM UTC-5, Michael wrote:
Anyone have any experience/issues with this mortiser?

http://www.woodcraft.com/product/151...s.aspx#REVIEWS

Thanks.

So I bought this mortiser from a guy for $100.00. He got it as a gift a couple of years ago and never used it.

I cannot believe how easy it is to cut mortises with a machine rather than using my router, a jig, and a chisel. I damn near broke down into tears.

Imagine how I felt after getting my Festool Domino, and still some
10,000 mortises later.
Posted to rec.woodworking

Michael wrote:
On Thursday, September 10, 2015 at 11:00:27 PM UTC-5, Michael wrote:
Anyone have any experience/issues with this mortiser?

http://www.woodcraft.com/product/151...s.aspx#REVIEWS

Thanks.

So I bought this mortiser from a guy for $100.00. He got it as a gift
a couple of years ago and never used it.

I cannot believe how easy it is to cut mortises with a machine rather
than using my router, a jig, and a chisel. I damn near broke down
into tears.

I don't believe you for a minute. Send that machine to me so that I can
verify your obsurd claims...

--

-Mike-

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sun, 13 Sep 2015 15:39:19 -0500, Swingman wrote:

On 9/13/2015 12:50 PM, Michael wrote:
On Thursday, September 10, 2015 at 11:00:27 PM UTC-5, Michael wrote:
Anyone have any experience/issues with this mortiser?

http://www.woodcraft.com/product/151...s.aspx#REVIEWS

Thanks.

So I bought this mortiser from a guy for $100.00. He got it as a gift a couple of years ago and never used it.

I cannot believe how easy it is to cut mortises with a machine rather than using my router, a jig, and a chisel. I damn near broke down into tears.

Mine is a late 90's Delta, but the design is virtually identical,
probably built in same factory in Chi-wan.

Been ver serviceable thus far. Have cut thousands of mortises with it,
and still a goto for through mortices, despite owning a Multi-Router.

I thought you played Dominoes.