Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default 987 River Drive

A block from my office, I drive by this man's yard. He's obviously a
windmill collector. Inside the yard, one can see all kinds of farm stuff.
I stopped and talked to him, and he said most of these come from the
midwest. Some are rare. Enjoy.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/deserttraveler/

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Feb 2, 7:54*pm, "SteveB" wrote:
A block from my office, I drive by this man's yard. *He's obviously a
windmill collector. *Inside the yard, one can see all kinds of farm stuff.
I stopped and talked to him, and he said most of these come from the
midwest. *Some are rare. *Enjoy.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/deserttraveler/

Interesting.

Thanks for sharing.

Lewis.

*****
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"SteveB" wrote in message
A block from my office, I drive by this man's yard. He's obviously a
windmill collector. Inside the yard, one can see all kinds of farm stuff.
I stopped and talked to him, and he said most of these come from the
midwest. Some are rare. Enjoy.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/deserttraveler/

Where is he located? A retired friend in AZ is rebuilding some windmills,
and thought he might stop by sometime.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Elliot G" wrote in message
m...

"SteveB" wrote in message
A block from my office, I drive by this man's yard. He's obviously a
windmill collector. Inside the yard, one can see all kinds of farm stuff.
I stopped and talked to him, and he said most of these come from the
midwest. Some are rare. Enjoy.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/deserttraveler/

Where is he located? A retired friend in AZ is rebuilding some windmills,
and thought he might stop by sometime.

St. George, Utah. I talked to him for a bit, to see if he could find me an
Aeromotor for a reasonable price. If you want, I'll stop by and see if he's
got anything for sale, or extra parts. He has a HUGE shop, and probably
would be some kinda help. I can help put the two of them together. I just
walked on from the street and he was a very friendly farmer type with
obviously dirty work denims like he had just come from a day in the shop.

My e mail is Remove the 222, so that this
doesn't get to spammers.

Steve

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"SteveB" wrote in message

"Elliot G" wrote in message
m...

"SteveB" wrote in message
[...]

I have a good friend that's retired and travels a bit. Winters in AZ, motor
homes back to the family farm in IN for summers, vacations in between in
both directions. I sent him the link and asked where it was. I'm sure he
will just drop by sometime. Thanks for the info.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Elliot G" wrote in message
m...

"SteveB" wrote in message

"Elliot G" wrote in message
m...

"SteveB" wrote in message
[...]

It's easy on and off of the Interstate. Exit 8 northbound, then right
(east). First right is Riverside. Follow it down to the 900 block. You'll
see the windmills a couple of blocks ahead of time. To get back on the
Interstate, just turn around, or go two blocks further south and right on
River road and follow that over to the Interstate. Shows up on any map or
GPS. Easy to find, and easy if you're in a motorhome. If he wants, go on
down to River road, and park the MH in the big parking lot there, and walk
two blocks back.

Steve