Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Speaking of Out Houses and Tree Roots...

I went camping in north eastern NY this weekend.

Apparently they had a problem in a bathroom and had to pull one of the fixtures. Here's a picture of one of the maintenance guys taking a well deserved break.

http://i440.photobucket.com/albums/q...pst6zhte5q.jpg

His view consisted of Cumberland Bay AKA Plattsburgh Bay, where the Battle of Plattsburgh ended the final British attempt to invade the northern states during the War of 1812. Not a bad place to sit and reflect for a few minutes.

To keep this somewhat related to wRec, check out the roots of this tree, which was found in the same campground. The tree is on the downhill side of a sandy hill. My guess is that the tree is doing everything it can to remain upright as the rains wash away the sand from around it's base.

http://i440.photobucket.com/albums/q...psojqwizfo.jpg
Posted to rec.woodworking

DerbyDad03 wrote:
I went camping in north eastern NY this weekend.

To keep this somewhat related to wRec, check out the roots of this
tree, which was found in the same campground. The tree is on the
downhill side of a sandy hill. My guess is that the tree is doing
everything it can to remain upright as the rains wash away the sand
from around it's base.

http://i440.photobucket.com/albums/q...psojqwizfo.jpg

Hell - that tree is clearly trying to walk away!

--

-Mike-

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Tuesday, May 19, 2015 at 4:31:32 PM UTC-5, Mike Marlow wrote:

http://i440.photobucket.com/albums/q...psojqwizfo.jpg

Hell - that tree is clearly trying to walk away!

-Mike-

Well, sure! Ents can walk.... and talk.

Sonny
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 5/19/2015 3:18 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
I went camping in north eastern NY this weekend.

Apparently they had a problem in a bathroom and had to pull one of the fixtures. Here's a picture of one of the maintenance guys taking a well deserved break.

http://i440.photobucket.com/albums/q...pst6zhte5q.jpg

His view consisted of Cumberland Bay AKA Plattsburgh Bay, where the Battle of Plattsburgh ended the final British attempt to invade the northern states during the War of 1812. Not a bad place to sit and reflect for a few minutes.

To keep this somewhat related to wRec, check out the roots of this tree, which was found in the same campground. The tree is on the downhill side of a sandy hill. My guess is that the tree is doing everything it can to remain upright as the rains wash away the sand from around it's base.

http://i440.photobucket.com/albums/q...psojqwizfo.jpg

Looks like an octopus with the eye being that old branch that it lost.

Jeez.. That's amazing.

--
Jeff

Speaking of Houses...is this guy for real? jackhaul Home Ownership 1 November 30th 08 08:53 PM
tree roots news Home Repair 4 April 29th 07 09:20 PM
Want to See What Tree Roots Are Doing to Foundation Mike Home Repair 5 April 19th 06 02:58 AM
Tree Roots from neighbor's tree causing sewer problem Keller, TX??? mscraven Home Repair 2 December 27th 05 12:06 AM
Tree roots ~~Phil~~ Home Repair 2 August 29th 05 07:46 PM