Posted to alt.home.repair
mscraven

Default Tree Roots from neighbor's tree causing sewer problem Keller, TX???

This weekend we had our sewer back up into our bathtubs and
showers....consequently we called a plumber. He used a roto rooter to
clear it out and told us that there were tree roots in the line, but
not from the tree in our yard. He said that Verizon had been
installing the fiber optic cables during the last year which may have
broken a drainage pipe toward the main sewer line close to the street.
He said he had encountered the same plumbing problems with others. He
said we could get a plumber with a special camera that would get an
image showing the broken main and that Verizon would pay for it to be
fixed.

Has anyone else had this problem? Please respond.

Posted to alt.home.repair
SQLit

"mscraven" wrote in message
oups.com...
This weekend we had our sewer back up into our bathtubs and
showers....consequently we called a plumber. He used a roto rooter to
clear it out and told us that there were tree roots in the line, but
not from the tree in our yard. He said that Verizon had been
installing the fiber optic cables during the last year which may have
broken a drainage pipe toward the main sewer line close to the street.
He said he had encountered the same plumbing problems with others. He
said we could get a plumber with a special camera that would get an
image showing the broken main and that Verizon would pay for it to be
fixed.

Has anyone else had this problem? Please respond.

Tree roots BUT NOT from your yard...... hummmmmmmmmmmm. Do your trees have
special roots? Surely you can see how this statement is suspicious? How
much snake did he put in the drain pipe? Proving Verizon's contractor at
fault a year later will be ..................... improbable.

When trees get a chance for water they will and can become aggressive. I had
one do this but it was because some maroon forgot to water it during the
heat of a AZ summer. I drilled some 1.5 inch holes just beyond the drip
edge, AWAY from the sewer and watered. In time my problem was solved.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Doug Kanter

"mscraven" wrote in message
oups.com...
This weekend we had our sewer back up into our bathtubs and
showers....consequently we called a plumber. He used a roto rooter to
clear it out and told us that there were tree roots in the line, but
not from the tree in our yard. He said that Verizon had been
installing the fiber optic cables during the last year which may have
broken a drainage pipe toward the main sewer line close to the street.
He said he had encountered the same plumbing problems with others. He
said we could get a plumber with a special camera that would get an
image showing the broken main and that Verizon would pay for it to be
fixed.

Has anyone else had this problem? Please respond.

Your subject line mentions neighbors, but your message in NO way expands on
this idea.

follow-up on sidewalk and tree roots. meirman Home Repair 5 September 13th 05 03:32 AM
Tree roots ~~Phil~~ Home Repair 2 August 29th 05 07:46 PM
how to kill tree roots near trench bill a Home Repair 17 April 12th 05 10:15 PM
Solution to sewer tree root problem? jeff Home Repair 20 September 7th 03 12:36 PM
Solution to sewer tree root problem? jeff Home Ownership 17 August 28th 03 10:53 PM