Posted to rec.woodworking

Default clever two-in-one bench top tool mount

pretty clever and good for a small shop
Two-in-one bench top tool mount that flips over to hide one and reveal
the other

https://www.youtube.com/embed/yT8Sf06E-6o

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 5/12/2015 6:49 PM, Electric Comet wrote:

pretty clever and good for a small shop
Two-in-one bench top tool mount that flips over to hide one and reveal
the other

https://www.youtube.com/embed/yT8Sf06E-6o

Note: I looked as several videos of FlipTop benches.

While these all look like good ideas for shops with limited floor space,
the question that pops into my head is what about vibration. Some of
the equipment that is being put on flip top benches produce little
vibration, but some of the high speed units, seems like it would tear
some of those benches a part after a year or so of use.

The other thing I noticed is that some of them seem like they could get
away from you while you were in the process of flipping it over. The
one with the big lath seemed nearly more than the guy could turn.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Tue, 12 May 2015 20:05:34 -0400
Keith Nuttle wrote:

little vibration, but some of the high speed units, seems like it
would tear some of those benches a part after a year or so of use.

good point did not consider that
like the idea of saving space but it has to be done right

The other thing I noticed is that some of them seem like they could
get away from you while you were in the process of flipping it over.
The one with the big lath seemed nearly more than the guy could turn.

have not seen that video
often times people run with an idea past the point of original intent
and end up creating new situations that are not good

flipping a lathe sounds bad