Posted to rec.woodworking

Default How teaching math has changed through the decades

1. Teaching Math In 1950s

A logger sells a
truckload of lumber for $100. His cost of production
is 4/5 of the price. What is his profit?

2. Teaching Math In 1970s

A logger sells a
truckload of lumber for $100. His cost of production
is 4/5 of the price, or $80. What is his profit?

3. Teaching Math In 1980s

A logger sells a truckload of lumber for $100.
His cost of production is $80. Did he make a profit ?

Yes or No

4. Teaching Math In 1990s

A logger sells a truckload of lumber for $100.
His cost of production is $80 and his profit is
$20

Your assignment: Underline the number 20.

5. Teaching Math In 2000s

A logger cuts down a beautiful forest because he is selfish and
inconsiderate and cares nothing
for the habitat of animals or the
preservation of our woodlands.
He does this so he can make a profit of
$20. What do you think of this
way of making a living? Topic for
class participation after
answering the question: How did the birds
and squirrels feel as the logger
cut down their homes? (There are no
wrong answers, and if you feel
like crying, it's ok).

6. Teaching Math In 2050

هاتشيرو تبيع كارلواد من نهاب 100
لار . تكلفة الإنتاج هو 80

دولاراً . كيف الكثيرمن المال ولم؟
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 3/27/2015 9:18 AM, Leon wrote

OK Sorry Doug!

I am getting older and I am forgetting how to send e-mails.

I meant to sent this to my son. I have done this twice this week.
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Leon" wrote in message

I am getting older and I am forgetting how to send e-mails.

I meant to sent this to my son. I have done this twice this week.

But it did have a wood theme so at least you weren't completely off topic...
;~)

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 3/27/2015 10:18 AM, Leon wrote:
[...]

Achmed the terrorist says 'I KILL YOU!!!'

--
Jeff
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Fri, 27 Mar 2015 19:45:10 -0400, woodchucker
wrote:

[...]

Achmed the terrorist says 'I KILL YOU!!!'

"Allah Akbar!"