Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Thank you for teaching me

I have learned so very much from so very many of you. I look forward to
seeing how the problems are solved, for I learn from it, and it makes me
a better Woodworker.

I have only one problem though, with the forum. It seems that after the
first 1000 answers to ONE of the postings, that everyone seems to drift
off, way off, of the original subject, and goes into fighting with each
other, nit picking. Therefor I have a tendency to totally ignore the
next 5000 or so postings which has nothing to do with the original
subject, skipping over them.

However I would not deny any of you the fun of snipping at each other,
so by all means continue as you have been. It is just that I will Not
read those kinds of postings.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 2/2/2012 9:29 AM, godsword wrote:
I have learned so very much from so very many of you. I look forward to
seeing how the problems are solved, for I learn from it, and it makes me
a better Woodworker.

I have only one problem though, with the forum. It seems that after the
first 1000 answers to ONE of the postings, that everyone seems to drift
off, way off, of the original subject, and goes into fighting with each
other, nit picking. Therefor I have a tendency to totally ignore the
next 5000 or so postings which has nothing to do with the original
subject, skipping over them.

However I would not deny any of you the fun of snipping at each other,
so by all means continue as you have been. It is just that I will Not
read those kinds of postings.

The beauty of being homo sapiens, complete with opposing thumb and index
finger ... you have the option to turn a volume knob and click on a Next
button.

--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Thu, 02 Feb 2012 09:29:30 -0600, godsword wrote:

I have only one problem though, with the forum. It seems that after the
first 1000 answers to ONE of the postings, that everyone seems to drift
off, way off, of the original subject, and goes into fighting with each

Human nature. If we stayed on topic, it would get pretty boring and
people would abandon this newsgroup in droves.

Therefor I have a tendency to totally ignore the
next 5000 or so postings which has nothing to do with the original
subject, skipping over them.

As you should. The only thing that should be done and often is done,
is to rename the topic when you think its focus has changed.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Thu, 02 Feb 2012 09:36:40 -0600, Swingman wrote:
The beauty of being homo sapiens, complete with opposing thumb and index
finger ... you have the option to turn a volume knob and click on a Next
button.

Then, life must have been pretty difficult for us before there were
volume knobs and the TRex next door was roaring.
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Dave" wrote in message
On Thu, 02 Feb 2012 09:36:40 -0600, Swingman wrote:
The beauty of being homo sapiens, complete with opposing thumb and index
finger ... you have the option to turn a volume knob and click on a Next
button.

Then, life must have been pretty difficult for us before there were
volume knobs and the TRex next door was roaring.

As an alternative, maybe walk into the shop and actually make something... I
find that works pretty well too. ;~)

John

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 2/2/2012 9:29 AM, godsword wrote:
I have learned so very much from so very many of you. I look forward to
seeing how the problems are solved, for I learn from it, and it makes me
a better Woodworker.

I have only one problem though, with the forum. It seems that after the
first 1000 answers to ONE of the postings, that everyone seems to drift
off, way off, of the original subject, and goes into fighting with each
other, nit picking. Therefor I have a tendency to totally ignore the
next 5000 or so postings which has nothing to do with the original
subject, skipping over them.

However I would not deny any of you the fun of snipping at each other,
so by all means continue as you have been. It is just that I will Not
read those kinds of postings.

Sounds like you have got do's and don'ts in this news group figured out.
Glad to have you with us.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 2/2/12 9:36 AM, Swingman wrote:
[...]

Since when does usenet have a volume knob. You are crazy and ignorant,
Karl.

Read that post, bitches! :-)

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
http://mikedrums.com

---remove "DOT" ^^^^ to reply

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Dave" wrote in message ...

On Thu, 02 Feb 2012 09:29:30 -0600, godsword wrote:

I have only one problem though, with the forum. It seems that after the
first 1000 answers to ONE of the postings, that everyone seems to drift
off, way off, of the original subject, and goes into fighting with each

Human nature. If we stayed on topic, it would get pretty boring and
people would abandon this newsgroup in droves.

WOODWORKING!?! This is a WODWORKING newsgroup?
I get all my political opinions here.

Dave in Houston
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 2/2/2012 10:49 AM, -MIKE- wrote:
On 2/2/12 9:36 AM, Swingman wrote:

The beauty of being homo sapiens, complete with opposing thumb and index
finger ... you have the option to turn a volume knob and click on a Next
button.

Since when does usenet have a volume knob. You are crazy and ignorant,
Karl.

Read that post, bitches! :-)

We also have a middle finger too, Mike ....

--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010
Posted to rec.woodworking

godsword wrote:
I have learned so very much from so very many of you. I look forward
to seeing how the problems are solved, for I learn from it, and it
makes me a better Woodworker.

Well - then the group has served a great purpose for you - as it should be.

I have only one problem though, with the forum.

Ugh-oh...

It seems that after
the first 1000 answers to ONE of the postings, that everyone seems to
drift off, way off, of the original subject, and goes into fighting
with each other, nit picking. Therefor I have a tendency to totally
ignore the next 5000 or so postings which has nothing to do with the
original subject, skipping over them.

So... are you quite sure about those numbers? I didn't think so. Here's a
thought - take what you need and leave the rest, and that way you won't feel
the need to parent everybody else.

However I would not deny any of you the fun of snipping at each other,
so by all means continue as you have been. It is just that I will Not
read those kinds of postings.

So - why bother saying this unless you're trying to be holier than thou?
It's actually fine if you don't read any more - do you really feel that
important that anyone else should care about your preferences? Can you say
"arrogant"?

--

-Mike-

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 2/2/12 11:46 AM, Swingman wrote:
On 2/2/2012 10:49 AM, -MIKE- wrote:
On 2/2/12 9:36 AM, Swingman wrote:

The beauty of being homo sapiens, complete with opposing thumb and index
finger ... you have the option to turn a volume knob and click on a Next
button.

Since when does usenet have a volume knob. You are crazy and ignorant,
Karl.

Read that post, bitches! :-)

We also have a middle finger too, Mike ....

+1
[Like]

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
http://mikedrums.com

---remove "DOT" ^^^^ to reply

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 2/2/2012 12:24 PM, Mike Marlow wrote:
godsword wrote:
[...]

I am not holier, I am just the Absolute Best. I thought that I found
someone once that was just as good, but then realized that since no one
can be as good as me, that I was mistaken. Ops, Sorry about that, since
I am perfect, and realizing that being mistaken is an error, and since I
never error, I could not have been mistaken. My ruler is always right
even if it is 3 inches short. Big Grin

Arrogant?? Of Course I am Arrogant, why should I be any different than
all the rest of you??? We all have the same way, with the attitude of
"You can agree with ME, or you can be Wrong." Yah, I am that way too. So
I fit right in.

About the numbers??? I think that you are right about them, I think that
I was under counting them, so at least double all those numbers.

Really, thanks for the responses, I enjoy them. In truth, I have learned
much from so many of you.
Posted to rec.woodworking

Woodworkers are rejects from society that hide in a shop, away from
other people, making cool things and ignoring their social anxieties.
Then they go online and think they are safe from physical interaction
and play superman as am attempt at recovery. You set a fine example of
just his.

------------
"Dave" wrote in message

As you should. The only thing that should be done and often is done,
is to rename the topic when you think its focus has changed.

Posted to rec.woodworking

In article ,
godsword wrote:
I have learned so very much from so very many of you. I look forward to
seeing how the problems are solved, for I learn from it, and it makes me
a better Woodworker.

I have only one problem though, with the forum. It seems that after the
first 1000 answers to ONE of the postings, that everyone seems to drift
off, way off, of the original subject, and goes into fighting with each
other, nit picking. Therefor I have a tendency to totally ignore the
next 5000 or so postings which has nothing to do with the original
subject, skipping over them.

However I would not deny any of you the fun of snipping at each other,
so by all means continue as you have been. It is just that I will Not
read those kinds of postings.

OK, we hear you.

Now, LET THE DRIFING BEGIN!

Posted to rec.woodworking

godsword wrote:
[...]

Whew! You passed another test! LOL

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 2/2/2012 11:46 AM, Swingman wrote:
On 2/2/2012 10:49 AM, -MIKE- wrote:
On 2/2/12 9:36 AM, Swingman wrote:

The beauty of being homo sapiens, complete with opposing thumb and index
finger ... you have the option to turn a volume knob and click on a Next
button.

Since when does usenet have a volume knob. You are crazy and ignorant,
Karl.

Read that post, bitches! :-)

We also have a middle finger too, Mike ....

Is that the UP arrow or the SHIFT ^? LOL
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 2/2/2012 11:21 AM, Dave in Texas wrote:
"Dave" wrote in message ...
On Thu, 02 Feb 2012 09:29:30 -0600, godsword wrote:

I have only one problem though, with the forum. It seems that after
the first 1000 answers to ONE of the postings, that everyone seems to
drift off, way off, of the original subject, and goes into fighting
with each

Human nature. If we stayed on topic, it would get pretty boring and
people would abandon this newsgroup in droves.

No kidding an none of have any other friends. :~)

WOODWORKING!?! This is a WODWORKING newsgroup?
I get all my political opinions here.

Dave in Houston

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 2/2/2012 6:05 PM, Larry W wrote:
In articlexbydnUymcKtANrfSnZ2dnUVZ_vednZ2d@earthlink .com,
wrote:
I have learned so very much from so very many of you. I look forward to
seeing how the problems are solved, for I learn from it, and it makes me
a better Woodworker.

I have only one problem though, with the forum. It seems that after the
first 1000 answers to ONE of the postings, that everyone seems to drift
off, way off, of the original subject, and goes into fighting with each
other, nit picking. Therefor I have a tendency to totally ignore the
next 5000 or so postings which has nothing to do with the original
subject, skipping over them.

However I would not deny any of you the fun of snipping at each other,
so by all means continue as you have been. It is just that I will Not
read those kinds of postings.

OK, we hear you.

Now, LET THE DRIFING BEGIN!

Not too early yet? :~)
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Thu, 2 Feb 2012 13:24:53 -0500, "Mike Marlow"
wrote:

godsword wrote:

However I would not deny any of you the fun of snipping at each other,
so by all means continue as you have been. It is just that I will Not
read those kinds of postings.

So - why bother saying this unless you're trying to be holier than thou?
It's actually fine if you don't read any more - do you really feel that
important that anyone else should care about your preferences? Can you say
"arrogant"?

How could you possibly consider a person who uses God's Word as his
nick to be holier than thou? JFC. Some people's kids, I swear.

--
Never trouble another for what you can do for yourself.
-- Thomas Jefferson
Posted to rec.woodworking

godsword wrote:

[...]

I like the attitude!