Default Effect of decades drip on beam

There was a faulty pipe joint causing a drip for decades..
(My diy uncle is an EE! His electrical work is wondrous, but..)

I don't want to open the ceilings looking for rotten beams..

Then don't know if should put steel support or epoxy-soak if find any rot..

I don't know if infrared can detect damage or (prolly) only water..

There is at least one steel beam (the house is 3.5
stories 25'x50' - actually 50x50 attached)..

What's worse, we've had 40yrs termites (Greek dictionary said
termites were "white ants" and back then I was in grammar
school).. we recently terminixed them..

I thought of just putting marble flooring in the bathrooms and kitchen
involved and hope the marble compensates for structural damage..

One obese neighbor who recently passed away once fell through
the shower floor in a nearby house by same builder..

Me, I keep telling my co-owner uncle to sell the house while the price
is high.. he's says he's to old to "learn" (destroy?) a new house..

Fact is I've gotten way too used to this house (since age four) as well..

- = -
Vasos-Peter John Panagiotopoulos II, Columbia'81+, Bio$trategist
BachMozart ReaganQuayle EvrytanoKastorian
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/vjp2/vasos.htm
[Fooey on GIU,{MS,X}Windows 4 Bimbos] [Cigar smoke belongs in veg food group]

Ok, I'm lost as to how attic (on top of drip) would give a clue..

I was hoping there was a way to do it without tearing open the
basement ceilings underneath the drip..

or I was hoping someone knew that the wood would resist certain damage..

my folks left me half the house and I'm kinda stuck as "junior" partner..

- = -
Vasos-Peter John Panagiotopoulos II, Columbia'81+, Bio$trategist
BachMozart ReaganQuayle EvrytanoKastorian
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/vjp2/vasos.htm
[Fooey on GIU,{MS,X}Windows 4 Bimbos] [Cigar smoke belongs in veg food group]
Lawrence Wasserman

In article ,
wrote:
[...]

Those are interesitng observations. Did you have a question?

--

Larry Wasserman Baltimore, Maryland

In by bc on Wed,
20 Jul 2005 03:11:17 GMT we perused:

*+-in the attic. But since it is on the ground floor, why not open the
*+-ceiling and check? If it's rotten, the typical repair around here
*+-is to stabilize and isolate the rot and sister in a new beam to the
*+-good wood. Likewise for termite damage.

That's what I wanted to know, thanks!

- = -