Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Doweled Tee Joint: Any need to apply glue to the wood faces?

I'm going to be gluing up the joints shown in the foreground of this
drawing:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/gdguar...57644207411490

.... the ones with three dowels per joint.

Here's what the assemblies will look like:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/gdguar...1490/lightbox/

The wood surfaces are edge grain and end grain. Is there any need, any
point, any benefit to applying glue to those surfaces? Or should I just
apply the glue to the dowels and holes?

Recommendations for outdoor wood preservative to apply... blueman Woodworking 24 September 6th 15 06:13 PM
Glue Joint Failed Today J T Woodworking 8 December 14th 07 11:58 PM
How to apply wood veneer? Dee UK diy 6 March 23rd 05 06:02 PM
Can you seal a joint with glue ??? john Smith UK diy 19 February 16th 05 02:31 AM
joint both edges before glue-up? Doug Woodworking 30 October 19th 04 05:29 PM