Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.woodworking

Default installing hinges question

Need to hang two homemade closet doors at my daughter's place. We are stuck with hinges that have radius-ed corners. Don't want make a template for the router. Want to chisel the relief the old fashioned way. Any tricks you guys can suggest when it comes to the rounded corners.
All I can think of is to scribe the radius with a box cutter blade and then possibly nibble away at the corner with one of the rounded lathe (wood turning) tools.
Also: The jambs are mdf. Any special advise on chiseling mdf???

All advise appreciated. (note: that's a total of sixteen corners)
Thanks

Ivan Vegvary