Posted to rec.woodworking

Default April fools in August??

Just got an email for a tool that must be a joke... would you really
need a tool like this?

http://www.chipsfly.com/document/Dig...ane-check.html

--
Jeff
Posted to rec.woodworking
dpb dpb is offline

On 08/07/2014 3:05 PM, woodchucker wrote:
Just got an email for a tool that must be a joke... would you really
need a tool like this?

http://www.chipsfly.com/document/Dig...ane-check.html

For $15 for the jointer knives if it worked, yeah, I'm
interested...looks handier than the regular dial indicator, for sure.

For the hand plane "not so much"...

But at $15 it's not much of a risk even if it doesn't pan out...

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 8/7/2014 6:14 PM, Bob wrote:
They're all over on Amazon - lots of digital tools. No April Fools
joke. Just do a search on "iGaging"

Bob S.

"woodchucker" wrote in message

Just got an email for a tool that must be a joke... would you really
need a tool like this?

http://www.chipsfly.com/document/Dig...ane-check.html

Yes I realize that, but would you really need a tool to set your hand
plane??? NO!!!

--
Jeff
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Thu, 07 Aug 2014 21:31:32 -0400, woodchucker
wrote:

On 8/7/2014 6:14 PM, Bob wrote:
They're all over on Amazon - lots of digital tools. No April Fools
joke. Just do a search on "iGaging"

Bob S.

"woodchucker" wrote in message

Just got an email for a tool that must be a joke... would you really
need a tool like this?

http://www.chipsfly.com/document/Dig...ane-check.html

Yes I realize that, but would you really need a tool to set your hand
plane??? NO!!!

Sure, if you have bad eyesight or you want a specific blade height
that has to be extremely accurate. It may be a limited market, but I
can see some people using it.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 8/7/2014 6:14 PM, Bob wrote:
They're all over on Amazon - lots of digital tools. No April Fools
joke. Just do a search on "iGaging"

Bob S.

"woodchucker" wrote in message

Just got an email for a tool that must be a joke... would you really
need a tool like this?

http://www.chipsfly.com/document/Dig...ane-check.html

Yes I realize that, but would you really need a tool to set your hand
plane??? NO!!!

--
Jeff

Then why did they go to the trouble of making and marketing it if it serves
no purpose?

As you can see, it can be used for other purposes.

Bob S.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 2014-08-07, dpb wrote:
On 08/07/2014 3:05 PM, woodchucker wrote:
Just got an email for a tool that must be a joke... would you really
need a tool like this?

http://www.chipsfly.com/document/Dig...ane-check.html

For $15 for the jointer knives if it worked, yeah, I'm
interested...looks handier than the regular dial indicator, for sure.

For the hand plane "not so much"...

But at $15 it's not much of a risk even if it doesn't pan out...

I recently bought a pair of $25 iGaging digital calipers, and they're
great. Very good build quality and accuracy (amazingly good for the
price). It even came with a spare battery. The body (the part with the
buttons and display) of the height gauge linked to above looks to be
completely identical to my calipers. Whether anybody would find it
useful or not, I don't know -- but I think it's a good bet it will
work as advertised and work well.

--
Grant Edwards grant.b.edwards Yow! Let's all show human
at CONCERN for REVERAND MOON's
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

On 8/7/2014 6:14 PM, Bob wrote:
They're all over on Amazon - lots of digital tools. No April Fools
joke. Just do a search on "iGaging"

Bob S.

"woodchucker" wrote in message

Just got an email for a tool that must be a joke... would you really
need a tool like this?

http://www.chipsfly.com/document/Dig...ane-check.html

Yes I realize that, but would you really need a tool to set your hand
plane??? NO!!!

Sure, if you have bad eyesight or you want a specific blade height
that has to be extremely accurate. It may be a limited market, but I
can see some people using it.

Machinists use them. Beats the heck out of using cigs paper to figure it.
Martin

And here's Google's april fools woodchucker[_3_] Woodworking 0 April 1st 14 06:57 PM
A very funny April Fools joke [email protected] Home Repair 7 April 4th 12 03:21 PM
Too Many Fools Hawke[_3_] Metalworking 1 March 10th 10 04:12 AM
Is this the Lee Valley April Fools Tool/Product? Lee Michaels Woodworking 15 April 6th 07 06:29 PM
51% of you are certified fools ... Cliff Metalworking 81 November 29th 04 01:19 AM