Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Lowes is getting rid of Bessey Clamps

I was at the big blue box this past weekend. I had bought two 50" Bessey parallel clamps "on sale" for $24 each. . . best price I had ever seen for these bad boys! They only had 2 so I gave them a good home. Stopped by a different location only to find out they sold out all their Bessies - the 50" went for $12.47 each - the 24" were under 8 bucks! They will no longer be carrying them and when I asked the sales guy - he said "Some guy came in - saw the prices - and bought every one we had. I guess he had a big project going on." I just shook my head and wished that guy had been me. LOL! Oh well - you may want to check the location close to you. They're discontinuing and going with Irwin only.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 6/11/2014 2:48 PM, Jimmy McNamara wrote:
I was at the big blue box this past weekend. I had bought two 50" Bessey parallel clamps "on sale" for $24 each. . . best price I had ever seen for these bad boys! They only had 2 so I gave them a good home. Stopped by a different location only to find out they sold out all their Bessies - the 50" went for $12.47 each - the 24" were under 8 bucks! They will no longer be carrying them and when I asked the sales guy - he said "Some guy came in - saw the prices - and bought every one we had. I guess he had a big project going on." I just shook my head and wished that guy had been me. LOL! Oh well - you may want to check the location close to you. They're discontinuing and going with Irwin only.

And in possibly related news, my local HD has just begun selling Bessey,
and seems to have discontinued the larger Irwin clamps. (they still have
the Quick-Grips)

---

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 6/11/2014 2:48 PM, Jimmy McNamara wrote:
I was at the big blue box this past weekend. I had bought two 50" Bessey parallel clamps "on sale" for $24 each. . . best price I had ever seen for these bad boys! They only had 2 so I gave them a good home. Stopped by a different location only to find out they sold out all their Bessies - the 50" went for $12.47 each - the 24" were under 8 bucks! They will no longer be carrying them and when I asked the sales guy - he said "Some guy came in - saw the prices - and bought every one we had. I guess he had a big project going on." I just shook my head and wished that guy had been me. LOL! Oh well - you may want to check the location close to you. They're discontinuing and going with Irwin only.

The guy was going to resell it on craigslist or ebay.

My lowes had nothing on the revos... all gone.
But our prices were different... based on the clearance stickers still
left. most of the Bessies were gone, only these F type clamps with the
split head. For 5 and change I bought one. Thought it might be handy...

--
Jeff
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Jimmy McNamara" wrote in message
I was at the big blue box this past weekend. I had bought two 50" Bessey
parallel clamps "on sale" for $24 each. . . best price I had ever seen for
these bad boys! They only had 2 so I gave them a good home. Stopped by a
different location only to find out they sold out all their Bessies - the
50" went for $12.47 each - the 24" were under 8 bucks! They will no
longer be carrying them and when I asked the sales guy - he said "Some guy
came in - saw the prices - and bought every one we had. I guess he had a
big project going on." I just shook my head and wished that guy had been
me. LOL! Oh well - you may want to check the location close to you.
They're discontinuing and going with Irwin only.

I used to like Irwin, but the last time I bought some Irwin Bar clamps two
of them wouldn't lock up.

Bar clamps are like ropes, fish hook, and screw drivers. You just can't
have to many.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Thu, 19 Jun 2014 09:50:45 -0700, "Bob La Londe"
wrote:

"Jimmy McNamara" wrote in message
I was at the big blue box this past weekend. I had bought two 50" Bessey
parallel clamps "on sale" for $24 each. . . best price I had ever seen for
these bad boys! They only had 2 so I gave them a good home. Stopped by a
different location only to find out they sold out all their Bessies - the
50" went for $12.47 each - the 24" were under 8 bucks! They will no
longer be carrying them and when I asked the sales guy - he said "Some guy
came in - saw the prices - and bought every one we had. I guess he had a
big project going on." I just shook my head and wished that guy had been
me. LOL! Oh well - you may want to check the location close to you.
They're discontinuing and going with Irwin only.

I used to like Irwin, but the last time I bought some Irwin Bar clamps two
of them wouldn't lock up.

AFAIK, Irwin has excellent customer service. I've never had an issue
with their clamps and have a bunch of 'em. I wouldn't have them as my
only bar clamps but I wouldn't be without them, either.

Bar clamps are like ropes, fish hook, and screw drivers. You just can't
have to many.

That's a fact.