Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Lowes is getting rid of Bessey Clamps

On Thu, 19 Jun 2014 09:50:45 -0700, "Bob La Londe"
wrote:

"Jimmy McNamara" wrote in message
I was at the big blue box this past weekend. I had bought two 50" Bessey
parallel clamps "on sale" for $24 each. . . best price I had ever seen for
these bad boys! They only had 2 so I gave them a good home. Stopped by a
different location only to find out they sold out all their Bessies - the
50" went for $12.47 each - the 24" were under 8 bucks! They will no
longer be carrying them and when I asked the sales guy - he said "Some guy
came in - saw the prices - and bought every one we had. I guess he had a
big project going on." I just shook my head and wished that guy had been
me. LOL! Oh well - you may want to check the location close to you.
They're discontinuing and going with Irwin only.

I used to like Irwin, but the last time I bought some Irwin Bar clamps two
of them wouldn't lock up.

AFAIK, Irwin has excellent customer service. I've never had an issue
with their clamps and have a bunch of 'em. I wouldn't have them as my
only bar clamps but I wouldn't be without them, either.

Bar clamps are like ropes, fish hook, and screw drivers. You just can't
have to many.

That's a fact.