Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Bessey clamps at Woodcraft

Woodcraft is clearing out the 24" and 40" Bessey K-Body clamps for a decent
price. My local store is giving an extra 5% off for purchases of five or
more, worth asking for at other locations I suppose.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On May 30, 10:33*pm, "DGDevin" wrote:
Woodcraft is clearing out the 24" and 40" Bessey K-Body clamps for a decent
price. *My local store is giving an extra 5% off for purchases of five or
more, worth asking for at other locations I suppose.

Bessey is coming out with a new model this summer, so I would think
you would start to find price reductions on the current model at a lot
of places.

Randy
htttp://nokeswoodworks.com
Posted to rec.woodworking

"DGDevin" wrote in message
m...
Woodcraft is clearing out the 24" and 40" Bessey K-Body clamps for a
decent price. My local store is giving an extra 5% off for purchases of
five or more, worth asking for at other locations I suppose.

Amazing how quiet, considering the feeding frenzy of years past hereabouts
whenever a like Bessey event was proclaimed.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 5/14/08

Posted to rec.woodworking

"DGDevin" wrote in message
m...
Woodcraft is clearing out the 24" and 40" Bessey K-Body clamps for a
decent price. My local store is giving an extra 5% off for purchases of
five or more, worth asking for at other locations I suppose.

Yeah to go a bit farther many people are closing out the stock of Bessy
K-body clamps, they are being discontinued by Bessy. Bessy is coming out
with a new style clamp to replace the K-body.

Posted to rec.woodworking

randyswoodshoop wrote:

Woodcraft is clearing out the 24" and 40" Bessey K-Body clamps for a
decent price. My local store is giving an extra 5% off for purchases
of five or more, worth asking for at other locations I suppose.

Bessey is coming out with a new model this summer, so I would think
you would start to find price reductions on the current model at a lot
of places.

Yes, I was aware of that (and maybe that's what I'm afraid of considering
there are a couple of sizes I don't own, yet). I picked up some at the
woodworking show earlier this year at a good price too, I was pleased enough
with them to pick up some more at Woodcraft in a size I didn't have yet.
Maybe the new version will be even nicer but as I'm already happy with the
old model I don't mind getting them a third cheaper. It's getting to the
point where I need a rack to store all these danged clamps....

Posted to rec.woodworking

Leon wrote:

"DGDevin" wrote in message
m...
Woodcraft is clearing out the 24" and 40" Bessey K-Body clamps for a
decent price. My local store is giving an extra 5% off for purchases of
five or more, worth asking for at other locations I suppose.

Yeah to go a bit farther many people are closing out the stock of Bessy
K-body clamps, they are being discontinued by Bessy. Bessy is coming out
with a new style clamp to replace the K-body.

Any details on the new design? I'm assuming it will be either as good or
better?

Posted to rec.woodworking
dpb dpb is offline

Mark & Juanita wrote:
Leon wrote:

... Bessy is coming out with a new style clamp to replace the K-body.

Any details on the new design? I'm assuming it will be either as good or
better?

More like more expensive, I'd wager...

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sat, 31 May 2008 10:57:42 -0700, Mark & Juanita
wrote:

I'm assuming it will be either as good or
better?

Nowadays, I never assume that.

** http://www.bburke.com/woodworking.html **
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

I'm assuming it will be either as good or
better?

Nowadays, I never assume that.

Yeah, that comment was more or less tongue-in-cheek. I would hope they
are not going to compromise a good design, but that's not a given.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Mark & Juanita wrote:

Yeah, that comment was more or less tongue-in-cheek. I would hope
they are not going to compromise a good design, but that's not a
given.

That's why I was happy to pick up more of an already proven design
(especially without paying freight on a heavy item), you never know what the
"improved" version will look like. Who knows, we might discover the company
is being sold to Black & Decker and the new design will be made at the
Triple-Happiness Ironmongery of Flungdung, China.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Mark & Juanita" wrote in message
Leon wrote:

"DGDevin" wrote in message
m...
Woodcraft is clearing out the 24" and 40" Bessey K-Body clamps for a
decent price. My local store is giving an extra 5% off for purchases of
five or more, worth asking for at other locations I suppose.

Yeah to go a bit farther many people are closing out the stock of Bessy
K-body clamps, they are being discontinued by Bessy. Bessy is coming out
with a new style clamp to replace the K-body.

Any details on the new design? I'm assuming it will be either as good or
better?

I went to their site and saw nothing labeled new.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"dpb" wrote in message ...
Mark & Juanita wrote:
Leon wrote:

... Bessy is coming out with a new style clamp to replace the K-body.

Any details on the new design? I'm assuming it will be either as good
or
better?

More like more expensive, I'd wager...

That is what you would think but maybe not. They have taken a hit in sales
from all the similar clamps that have appeared, unless the new clamp has
wonderful new features I'd be inclined to say that it may be a 50/50 chance
that they will want to sell a clamp that can compete price wise.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Default New Bessey clamps at Woodcraft

"Leon" wrote in message new:
I went to their site and saw nothing labeled new.

K-Body Revo
http://www.bessey.de/website/en/home...A4B1AD796EE 7

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Maxwell Lol" wrote in message
http://www.bessey.de/website/en/home...presse/319.jsp

More clamping force
Ability to position the head anyway on the bar,
including the middle (to keep it better balanced,)
Removable clamp/glue caps
Bar stand-offs ("contact elements") to protect piece from hitting

bar.
Adapter KR-AS to clamp non-right angles. (not sure what this looks

like)

The repositional head is something I would appreciate.

And something you didn't mention, a quick release button. That's something
I'd look forward to. I was thinking about running out today and buying some
of the (now old style) Bessey clamps, but considering the Revo clamps aren't
all that unlike the old ones appearance-wise, maybe I'll hold off.

I might reconsider that choice if Lee Valley Tools chooses to discount their
stock of the old style.

Robin? Hint! Hint!

Posted to rec.woodworking

Great!!!!!!

Now I have to throw my old ones away because they are obsolete.....

Upscale wrote:
"Leon" wrote in message new:
I went to their site and saw nothing labeled new.

K-Body Revo
http://www.bessey.de/website/en/home...A4B1AD796EE 7

Posted to rec.woodworking

mapdude wrote:

Great!!!!!!

Now I have to throw my old ones away because they are obsolete.....

You could have a garage sale with the old ones to help pay for a couple of
the new ones. [Where do you live, and when is the sale?]

Upscale wrote:
"Leon" wrote in message new:
I went to their site and saw nothing labeled new.

K-Body Revo

http://www.bessey.de/website/en/home...A4B1AD796EE 7

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Wed, 04 Jun 2008 22:52:47 -0500, mapdude
wrote:

Great!!!!!!

Now I have to throw my old ones away because they are obsolete.....

Obsolete?

They'll be collectible classics, on eBay! G

** http://www.bburke.com/woodworking.html **
Posted to rec.woodworking

mapdude wrote:

Great!!!!!!

Now I have to throw my old ones away because they are obsolete.....

Throw them to me.
-- Doug
Posted to rec.woodworking

DGDevin wrote:
Mark & Juanita wrote:

Yeah, that comment was more or less tongue-in-cheek. I would hope
they are not going to compromise a good design, but that's not a
given.

That's why I was happy to pick up more of an already proven design
(especially without paying freight on a heavy item), you never know
what the "improved" version will look like. Who knows, we might
discover the company is being sold to Black & Decker and the new
design will be made at the Triple-Happiness Ironmongery of
Flungdung,
China.

That would make them like the green Woodcraft Besseys then.

Be interesting to see if they've done anything to the metal parts so
that Titebond doesn't stick to them as readily.

--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)