Posted to rec.woodworking
J. Clarke J. Clarke is offline

Default Bessey clamps at Woodcraft

DGDevin wrote:
Mark & Juanita wrote:

Yeah, that comment was more or less tongue-in-cheek. I would hope
they are not going to compromise a good design, but that's not a
given.

That's why I was happy to pick up more of an already proven design
(especially without paying freight on a heavy item), you never know
what the "improved" version will look like. Who knows, we might
discover the company is being sold to Black & Decker and the new
design will be made at the Triple-Happiness Ironmongery of
Flungdung,
China.

That would make them like the green Woodcraft Besseys then.

Be interesting to see if they've done anything to the metal parts so
that Titebond doesn't stick to them as readily.

--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)