Posted to rec.woodworking

Default New Line of Bessey Clamps

"Upscale" wrote in message
Has anyone seen any of the new Revo line of Bessey clamps out for sale
yet?

I need some new clamps. Their's none of the old line in stock anywhere and
the new line just isn't available yet. This has to be the most ill timed
and
poorly organized release of a new product line I've ever seen. Customers
who
would normally buy their products are forced to shop for something else to
fill their need.

Guess I'll be buying some Cabinetmasters.

Careful there now!! You might like'm more.

And while your are looking around check out the Jet clamps too if you can
get them.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Aug 23, 12:26*am, "Upscale" wrote:
Has anyone seen any of the new Revo line of Bessey clamps out for sale yet?

I need some new clamps. Their's none of the old line in stock anywhere and
the new line just isn't available yet. This has to be the most ill timed and
poorly organized release of a new product line I've ever seen. Customers who
would normally buy their products are forced to shop for something else to
fill their need.

Guess I'll be buying some Cabinetmasters.

I am very fond of my Cabinetmasters. But, I'm also very impressed with
Kwik Work clamps from Busy Bee Tools. $ 45.00 for a 50". They're worth
a look.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Upscale wrote:

Has anyone seen any of the new Revo line of Bessey clamps out for
sale yet?

I need some new clamps. Their's none of the old line in stock
anywhere and the new line just isn't available yet.

Woodcraft still seems to have them.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Robatoy" wrote in message
I am very fond of my Cabinetmasters. But, I'm also very impressed with
Kwik Work clamps from Busy Bee Tools. $ 45.00 for a 50". They're worth
a look.

What's better or different about the Kwik clamps? $45 is not all that much
cheaper than the 48" Cabinetmasters for $48 at Lee Valley although there
isn't a 50" Cabinetmaster version. One advantage to the Cabinetmasters over
the Besseys is that they have a 6" jaw. What jaw size are your Kwik clamps.

I've never been to a Busy Bee store because in the past I've dismissed them
as a slightly second rate store, but I suppose I should stow my prejudice
and at least go have a look.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Aug 23, 1:59*am, "Upscale" wrote:
"Robatoy" wrote in message

I am very fond of my Cabinetmasters. But, I'm also very impressed with
Kwik Work clamps from Busy Bee Tools. $ 45.00 for a 50". They're worth
a look.

What's better or different about the Kwik clamps? $45 is not all that much
cheaper than the 48" Cabinetmasters for $48 at Lee Valley although there
isn't a 50" Cabinetmaster version. One advantage to the Cabinetmasters over
the Besseys is that they have a 6" jaw. What jaw size are your Kwik clamps.

I've never been to a Busy Bee store because in the past I've dismissed them
as a slightly second rate store, but I suppose I should stow my prejudice
and at least go have a look.

Oops, the 50" are $ 49.95. I do not know the depth of the mouths.
http://busybeetools.ca/cgi-bin/categ...&NMCLASS=00128
They also have the Bessey K body clamps at Busy Bee, and they carry
Triton routers.
Busy Bee does have a weird reputation, but for heavy iron at very good
prices, the quality is supposed to be in the league of Grizzly.
Posted to rec.woodworking

"DGDevin" wrote in message
Woodcraft still seems to have them.

No Woodcraft in Canada. A number of stores like Lee Valley still list the
Besseys but there's none in stock. I'm sure if I put in the requisite time
and effort I could find some Besseys somewhere, but to me time and
convenience are worth far more than a few dollars or a matching set of
clamps.

I think I will try out the Cabinetmasters. They have a good reputation and
the 1" extra jaw length is a bonus. At the very least, they don't appear to
have an inept marketing department like Bessey Manufacturing.

Posted to rec.woodworking

I second the Jet parallel clamps. I really like the quick release feature,
makes adjustments much faster. Good size handle, coarse thread means
slightly faster to clamp. Large head like the Bessey.

Irwin recently came out with a line of parallel clamps. Bought a 30 inch.
Likely similar to the Bessey's. Have to unscrew a certain amount before can
slide open. Made me go out and buy more Jet clamps.

Dave Paine.

"Leon" wrote in message

"Upscale" wrote in message
Has anyone seen any of the new Revo line of Bessey clamps out for sale
yet?

I need some new clamps. Their's none of the old line in stock anywhere
and
the new line just isn't available yet. This has to be the most ill timed
and
poorly organized release of a new product line I've ever seen. Customers
who
would normally buy their products are forced to shop for something else
fill their need.

Guess I'll be buying some Cabinetmasters.

Careful there now!! You might like'm more.

And while your are looking around check out the Jet clamps too if you can
get them.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Upscale" wrote in message

"DGDevin" wrote in message
Woodcraft still seems to have them.

No Woodcraft in Canada. A number of stores like Lee Valley still list the
Besseys but there's none in stock. I'm sure if I put in the requisite time
and effort I could find some Besseys somewhere, but to me time and
convenience are worth far more than a few dollars or a matching set of
clamps.

I think I will try out the Cabinetmasters. They have a good reputation and
the 1" extra jaw length is a bonus. At the very least, they don't appear
have an inept marketing department like Bessey Manufacturing.

A majority of my clamps are Cabinet Masters if you can buy direct,

https://www.adjustableclamp.com/repl...p?subcatID=128

They usually are pretty competitive in pricing. They often have sale
pricing.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Leon" wrote in message

"Upscale" wrote in message

"DGDevin" wrote in message
Woodcraft still seems to have them.

No Woodcraft in Canada. A number of stores like Lee Valley still list the
Besseys but there's none in stock. I'm sure if I put in the requisite
time
and effort I could find some Besseys somewhere, but to me time and
convenience are worth far more than a few dollars or a matching set of
clamps.

I think I will try out the Cabinetmasters. They have a good reputation
and
the 1" extra jaw length is a bonus. At the very least, they don't appear
have an inept marketing department like Bessey Manufacturing.

A majority of my clamps are Cabinet Masters if you can buy direct,

https://www.adjustableclamp.com/repl...p?subcatID=128

They usually are pretty competitive in pricing. They often have sale
pricing.

I have both brands. I like the Cabinet Masters better.

Posted to rec.woodworking

I have both brands. I like the Cabinet Masters better.

Both Brands?

Cabinet master and Bessey

Posted to rec.woodworking
Max Max is offline

"Leon" wrote

I have both brands. I like the Cabinet Masters better.

Both Brands?

Cabinet master and Bessey

I have Bessey and Jet. I haven't noticed enough difference to have a
preference.

Max

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Leon" wrote in message

I have both brands. I like the Cabinet Masters better.

Both Brands?

Cabinet master and Bessey

Cabinet Master and Bessey. Both are good, but I prefer the Cabinet Master,

Posted to rec.woodworking

... I prefer the Cabinet Master...

It looks like the CabinetMasters have a removable catch on the end. Can they
also be used as spreaders?

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Scott Cox" wrote in message
m...
... I prefer the Cabinet Master...

It looks like the CabinetMasters have a removable catch on the end. Can
they also be used as spreaders?

Yeah the "catch" also holds the clamp up so that the handle end will slide
on the bar with out having to lift the handle end up off the work surface.
It is a pretty sturdy foot. It comes off and you can use the clamps as
spreaders