Posted to rec.woodworking

Default volume?

Is everyone on vacation? I read the group daily. Today there were only
9 posts! There are usually more than that on a Sunday :-).

But I guess being too busy with projects or vacations to post is a good
thing :-).
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Tuesday, June 3, 2014 11:35:45 AM UTC-5, Larry Blanchard wrote:
Is everyone on vacation? I read the group daily. Today there were only

9 posts! There are usually more than that on a Sunday :-).

But I guess being too busy with projects or vacations to post is a good

thing :-).

Yep, with school out, some folks may be away from home.

I've gotten behind, 2 months, maybe, with my upholstery jobs/projects, so I'm catching up. It'll be a while before I can get back into the shop, to work on and report any significant feedback for my ongoing projects.

Sonny
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Larry Blanchard" wrote in message ...

Is everyone on vacation? I read the group daily. Today there were only
9 posts! There are usually more than that on a Sunday :-).

But I guess being too busy with projects or vacations to post is a good
thing :-).

Outside of helping my son make an oak plaque upon which to display his
whitetail mount my "woodworking" the past few months has involved what Roy
Underhill might call "crude woodworking." The tools include machete, ditch
bank blade, brush hook and axe... I'm clearing 4/10ths of a mile of old
railroad right-of-way, by myself, that will become part of a trail network.
It's my personal fitness program for the season!

Currently I've got about 2/10ths of a mile cut. Later in the season a crew
of volunteers will come in and chip the cuttings, mow, rake up the debris,
and make drainage improvements. A few years ago there was a single track
path through there that had thorns and brush sticking into the trail. An
initial group effort got it about 3-4 feet wide. When I'm done it will be
about 12 feet wide--ditch to ditch cleared!

There is something very satisfying about seeing the progress of my labor...

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Tue, 03 Jun 2014 15:00:04 -0400, John Grossbohlin wrote:

I'm clearing 4/10ths of a mile of old
railroad right-of-way, by myself, that will become part of a trail
network. It's my personal fitness program for the season!

Darn! Not that I don't approve of trails, but as a RR buff and modeler I
sure wish you were clearing it for a tourist train :-).
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Larry Blanchard" wrote in message ...

On Tue, 03 Jun 2014 15:00:04 -0400, John Grossbohlin wrote:

I'm clearing 4/10ths of a mile of old
railroad right-of-way, by myself, that will become part of a trail
network. It's my personal fitness program for the season!

Darn! Not that I don't approve of trails, but as a RR buff and modeler I
sure wish you were clearing it for a tourist train :-).

You're about 57 years too late on this one... the railroad was liquidated in
1957 and outside of the locomotives it was scrapped... I occasionally find
an old spike, tie plate, or piece of coal, and there are some long rotting
ties in places, but otherwise it's gone.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Yor...estern_Railway

You might be interested to know that the brush hook I have is from the New
York Central Railroad... they ceased to exist as NYC in 1968 when they
merged with the PA Railroad (PRR) and became Penn Central... that name is
gone too! When I obtained the brush hook it had no handle and there was
evidence of inept sharpening on a grinder but I took care of both problems
and it's a fine tool. I think there is some kind of good karma to be had by
using an old railroad tool to built a rail trail... maybe not!

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Tue, 03 Jun 2014 19:52:34 -0400, John Grossbohlin wrote:

You're about 57 years too late on this one... the railroad was
liquidated in 1957 and outside of the locomotives it was scrapped... I
occasionally find an old spike, tie plate, or piece of coal, and there
are some long rotting ties in places, but otherwise it's gone.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Yor...estern_Railway

Also known as the "Old Woman" :-).

Temperature and volume Tony Hwang Home Repair 1 June 7th 10 12:15 AM
OT; Volume The Medway Handyman UK diy 18 December 1st 08 12:31 PM
volume Larry Blanchard Woodworking 21 February 14th 08 01:46 AM
Encyclopedia of Energy, Six -Volume Set, Volume 1-6 (CD-ROM) leroi2007 Home Repair 3 September 17th 07 04:40 PM
CH Volume VisionSet UK diy 2 June 25th 06 01:34 AM