Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Temperature and volume

Peter wrote:
On 6/6/2010 1:19 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
When watching TV in my family room, if I'm feeling a little warm, I just
turn down the volume on the stereo receiver. If I'm too cool, I turn up
the volume. Honest, that is how it works.

After the power surge damage, I rep laced the TV and sound system. Last
night we were watching a movie and the room AC was on so I turned up the
volume to overcome it. A few minutes later, the AC shut off and the TV
seemed loud, so I turned it down. Soon, the AC was back on so I turned
the volume back up. After repeating this one more time, my wife noticed
what was happening.

The AC has a remote to control a few functions. The new receiver has a
remote with many functions. Coincidently, the volume of the sound system
is the same signal as the temperature on the AC unit so I was moving
them both up and down at the same time.

Unless you are pulling our legs, how common is it for an entertainment
receiver to use an RF based remote? I thought they were all IR.

Hi,
Maybe it's time for a hearing test. LOL!
My pair of rear speaker literally blew out smoking.
I need a hearing aid!
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 06 Jun 2010 16:20:57 -0600, Tony Hwang
wrote:

My pair of rear speaker literally blew out smoking.
I need a hearing aid!

Huh?

Hey. I had a single floor speaker catch fire. I was headed up the
stairs from the basement one day and flames were just starting to burn
the front material. Solution? Tossed it out the front door, flames
and all, and into the snow. I had never witnessed such an event.

Never even looked for a _reason why_ but the floors were vibrating
from the full volume :;

Temperature and volume Ed Pawlowski[_2_] Home Repair 6 June 7th 10 01:05 PM
OT; Volume The Medway Handyman UK diy 18 December 1st 08 12:31 PM
Encyclopedia of Energy, Six -Volume Set, Volume 1-6 (CD-ROM) leroi2007 Home Repair 3 September 17th 07 04:40 PM
GE XL44 Gas Range Temperature Drift...Inconsistent Temperature Scooter Home Repair 0 November 20th 06 12:53 AM
ice dams - attic temperature & outside temperature - how close is close enough Bobo Home Ownership 1 February 4th 06 09:10 PM