Posted to rec.woodworking
John Grossbohlin[_4_] John Grossbohlin[_4_] is offline

Default volume?

"Larry Blanchard" wrote in message ...

Is everyone on vacation? I read the group daily. Today there were only
9 posts! There are usually more than that on a Sunday :-).

But I guess being too busy with projects or vacations to post is a good
thing :-).

Outside of helping my son make an oak plaque upon which to display his
whitetail mount my "woodworking" the past few months has involved what Roy
Underhill might call "crude woodworking." The tools include machete, ditch
bank blade, brush hook and axe... I'm clearing 4/10ths of a mile of old
railroad right-of-way, by myself, that will become part of a trail network.
It's my personal fitness program for the season!

Currently I've got about 2/10ths of a mile cut. Later in the season a crew
of volunteers will come in and chip the cuttings, mow, rake up the debris,
and make drainage improvements. A few years ago there was a single track
path through there that had thorns and brush sticking into the trail. An
initial group effort got it about 3-4 feet wide. When I'm done it will be
about 12 feet wide--ditch to ditch cleared!

There is something very satisfying about seeing the progress of my labor...