Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Domino guys

Price dropped to $80 on set of four 500 cutters:

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthre...RS-110-shipped!
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sat, 10 May 2014 11:41:32 -0700 (PDT), "Gramps' shop"
wrote:

Price dropped to $80 on set of four 500 cutters:

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthre...RS-110-shipped!

I just filled mine out, one at a time. These cutters are used,
though.
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

Price dropped to $80 on set of four 500 cutters:

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthre...RS-110-shipped!

I just filled mine out, one at a time. These cutters are used,
though.

I must have a freaking great set of cutters! I have gone through the
original 600 5mm tennons that came with the assortment, and a
replacement case of 1800, and am into my 3rd bag of 300 from the second
replacement case. I have cut at least 3,000 mortises with the original
5mm bit and half of those were set to cut wider than the narrowest cut.
I do have the full set so I actually have an extra 5mm cutter which I
have never used. I have heard that some people are having to replace
their cutters, Am I getting a lot of mileage from my bit or have you
made more cuts with yours?
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

Price dropped to $80 on set of four 500 cutters:

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthre...RS-110-shipped!

I just filled mine out, one at a time. These cutters are used,
though.

I must have a freaking great set of cutters! I have gone through the
original 600 5mm tennons that came with the assortment, and a
replacement case of 1800, and am into my 3rd bag of 300 from the second
replacement case. I have cut at least 3,000 mortises with the original
5mm bit and half of those were set to cut wider than the narrowest cut.
I do have the full set so I actually have an extra 5mm cutter which I
have never used. I have heard that some people are having to replace
their cutters, Am I getting a lot of mileage from my bit or have you
made more cuts with yours?

OOPS! I must have made in excess of 6,000 cuts with the original 5mm
bit to set 3,000 tenons.
Posted to rec.woodworking

OOPS! I must have made in excess of 6,000 cuts with the original 5mm

bit to set 3,000 tenons.

Let's see ... at 10 seconds each, you've spent about 16.7 hours with the Domino. What do you figure your time investment for 3,000 tenons using other methods?

Larry

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

Price dropped to $80 on set of four 500 cutters:

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthre...RS-110-shipped!

I just filled mine out, one at a time. These cutters are used,
though.

I must have a freaking great set of cutters! I have gone through the
original 600 5mm tennons that came with the assortment, and a
replacement case of 1800, and am into my 3rd bag of 300 from the second
replacement case. I have cut at least 3,000 mortises with the original
5mm bit and half of those were set to cut wider than the narrowest cut.
I do have the full set so I actually have an extra 5mm cutter which I
have never used. I have heard that some people are having to replace
their cutters, Am I getting a lot of mileage from my bit or have you
made more cuts with yours?

Certainly not but my point was that one can hardly expect new prices
from used equipment, particularly expendables. I wouldn't expect to
get 70% of what I paid for the Domino the day after I bought it.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 5/10/2014 2:41 PM, Gramps' shop wrote:
Price dropped to $80 on set of four 500 cutters:

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthre...RS-110-shipped!

Cutters? I saw the subject line and thought this was about pizza
delivery guys.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 5/10/2014 6:23 PM, Gramps' shop wrote:

OOPS! I must have made in excess of 6,000 cuts with the original 5mm

bit to set 3,000 tenons.

Let's see ... at 10 seconds each, you've spent about 16.7 hours with the Domino. What do you figure your time investment for 3,000 tenons using other methods?

Larry

I think closer to 3 seconds each actual plunge time, so about 5 hours.
Similar sized mortises with a bench top mortiser, probably 75 hours.

A savings of around $3500 of my time. That not only pays for the Domino
but the CT22 vac too, about 3 times.

Hey Domino guys Gramp's shop[_2_] Woodworking 3 February 19th 13 07:24 PM
Ping Domino guys Gramp's shop[_2_] Woodworking 38 January 30th 13 05:14 AM
DOMINO SET J T Woodworking 3 January 2nd 08 01:38 PM
Domino? Or maybe not for me? jbd in Denver Woodworking 2 December 20th 07 05:21 PM
Another way to use the Domino Leon Woodworking 8 July 9th 07 04:34 PM