Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default Domino guys

On 5/10/2014 6:13 PM, Leon wrote:
On 5/10/2014 5:43 PM, wrote:
On Sat, 10 May 2014 11:41:32 -0700 (PDT), "Gramps' shop"
wrote:

Price dropped to $80 on set of four 500 cutters:

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthre...RS-110-shipped!

I just filled mine out, one at a time. These cutters are used,
though.

I must have a freaking great set of cutters! I have gone through the
original 600 5mm tennons that came with the assortment, and a
replacement case of 1800, and am into my 3rd bag of 300 from the second
replacement case. I have cut at least 3,000 mortises with the original
5mm bit and half of those were set to cut wider than the narrowest cut.
I do have the full set so I actually have an extra 5mm cutter which I
have never used. I have heard that some people are having to replace
their cutters, Am I getting a lot of mileage from my bit or have you
made more cuts with yours?

OOPS! I must have made in excess of 6,000 cuts with the original 5mm
bit to set 3,000 tenons.