Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Domino guys

On Sat, 10 May 2014 18:13:22 -0500, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet
wrote:

On 5/10/2014 5:43 PM, wrote:
On Sat, 10 May 2014 11:41:32 -0700 (PDT), "Gramps' shop"
wrote:

Price dropped to $80 on set of four 500 cutters:

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthre...RS-110-shipped!

I just filled mine out, one at a time. These cutters are used,
though.

I must have a freaking great set of cutters! I have gone through the
original 600 5mm tennons that came with the assortment, and a
replacement case of 1800, and am into my 3rd bag of 300 from the second
replacement case. I have cut at least 3,000 mortises with the original
5mm bit and half of those were set to cut wider than the narrowest cut.
I do have the full set so I actually have an extra 5mm cutter which I
have never used. I have heard that some people are having to replace
their cutters, Am I getting a lot of mileage from my bit or have you
made more cuts with yours?

Certainly not but my point was that one can hardly expect new prices
from used equipment, particularly expendables. I wouldn't expect to
get 70% of what I paid for the Domino the day after I bought it.