Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Oneway multi-gauge

Does anyone else make a tool comparable to the Oneway multi-gauge?
A little competition can be a good thing.

http://www.oneway.ca/workshop/multi-gauge.htm
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Tue, 15 Apr 2014 19:30:32 -0500, Gordon Shumway
wrote:

Does anyone else make a tool comparable to the Oneway multi-gauge?
A little competition can be a good thing.

http://www.oneway.ca/workshop/multi-gauge.htm

You might like the TS-Aligner Jr for a similar price.

http://ts-aligner.com/

Or with a dial indicator, an accurate square and some simple shop made
jigs you can do some useful things for less money.

http://www.garagewoodworks.com/Alignment.php
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

Does anyone else make a tool comparable to the Oneway multi-gauge?
A little competition can be a good thing.

http://www.oneway.ca/workshop/multi-gauge.htm

You might like the TS-Aligner Jr for a similar price.

http://ts-aligner.com/

Or with a dial indicator, an accurate square and some simple shop made
jigs you can do some useful things for less money.

http://www.garagewoodworks.com/Alignment.php

I have the TS-Aligner Jr and configured it to mimic the multi gauge.
Unfortunately, the surface of the bar was so narrow that it was
difficult to get a consistent reading because the bar had a tendency
to rock.

The idea of making a jig would save a lot of money and if I'm not
happy with the results, Fathers Day isn't that far off...
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 4/15/2014 7:30 PM, Gordon Shumway wrote:
Does anyone else make a tool comparable to the Oneway multi-gauge?
A little competition can be a good thing.

http://www.oneway.ca/workshop/multi-gauge.htm

Something like this? Maybe?

http://www.woodpeck.com/sawgauge.html
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Wed, 16 Apr 2014 17:26:16 -0500, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet
wrote:

On 4/15/2014 7:30 PM, Gordon Shumway wrote:
Does anyone else make a tool comparable to the Oneway multi-gauge?
A little competition can be a good thing.

http://www.oneway.ca/workshop/multi-gauge.htm

Something like this? Maybe?

http://www.woodpeck.com/sawgauge.html

That's a clean, simple design and it's at least as easy to use as the
TS-Aligner Jr. that I bought about 15 years ago. It looks like the
indicator can't be rotated 90 deg to work like the Multi-Gauge though.
I wish that was available when I bought my TS-Aligner Jr. because I
probably would have bought it instead.

I got one of their Precision Router Lifts about 15 years ago and I
love it. One of the gears that drives the chain failed after 2 or 3
years and they sent all the necessary replacement parts no questions
asked. Excellent service!

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 4/16/14, 5:26 PM, Leon wrote:
On 4/15/2014 7:30 PM, Gordon Shumway wrote:
Does anyone else make a tool comparable to the Oneway multi-gauge?
A little competition can be a good thing.

http://www.oneway.ca/workshop/multi-gauge.htm

Something like this? Maybe?

http://www.woodpeck.com/sawgauge.html

I'm sorry, but who buys this $h!t when you can make it from scraps and a
$15 dial indicator from Harbor Freight.

We're supposed to be wood fabricators and we're paying 100 bucks for
crap we can make in an hour from crap lying around our shops.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
http://mikedrums.com

---remove "DOT" ^^^^ to reply

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

On 4/15/2014 7:30 PM, Gordon Shumway wrote:
Does anyone else make a tool comparable to the Oneway multi-gauge?
A little competition can be a good thing.

http://www.oneway.ca/workshop/multi-gauge.htm

Something like this? Maybe?

http://www.woodpeck.com/sawgauge.html

That's a clean, simple design and it's at least as easy to use as the
TS-Aligner Jr. that I bought about 15 years ago. It looks like the
indicator can't be rotated 90 deg to work like the Multi-Gauge though.
I wish that was available when I bought my TS-Aligner Jr. because I
probably would have bought it instead.

I got one of their Precision Router Lifts about 15 years ago and I
love it. One of the gears that drives the chain failed after 2 or 3
years and they sent all the necessary replacement parts no questions
asked. Excellent service!

I love their story sticks, both sizes.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Wed, 16 Apr 2014 22:59:29 -0500, -MIKE-
wrote:

On 4/16/14, 5:26 PM, Leon wrote:
On 4/15/2014 7:30 PM, Gordon Shumway wrote:
Does anyone else make a tool comparable to the Oneway multi-gauge?
A little competition can be a good thing.

http://www.oneway.ca/workshop/multi-gauge.htm

Something like this? Maybe?

http://www.woodpeck.com/sawgauge.html

I'm sorry, but who buys this $h!t when you can make it from scraps and a
$15 dial indicator from Harbor Freight.

We're supposed to be wood fabricators and we're paying 100 bucks for
crap we can make in an hour from crap lying around our shops.

I beg your forgiveness! I'll never (hiding his Woodpeckers brochure
behind his back) even think about this again. I promise.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 4/17/14, 10:19 AM, Gordon Shumway wrote:
On Wed, 16 Apr 2014 22:59:29 -0500, -MIKE-
http://www.woodpeck.com/sawgauge.html

I'm sorry, but who buys this $h!t when you can make it from scraps and a
$15 dial indicator from Harbor Freight.

We're supposed to be wood fabricators and we're paying 100 bucks for
crap we can make in an hour from crap lying around our shops.

I beg your forgiveness! I'll never (hiding his Woodpeckers brochure
behind his back) even think about this again. I promise.

They DO make some really cool jigs though, huh? :-)

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
http://mikedrums.com

---remove "DOT" ^^^^ to reply

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Thu, 17 Apr 2014 11:21:36 -0500, -MIKE-
wrote:

On 4/17/14, 10:19 AM, Gordon Shumway wrote:
On Wed, 16 Apr 2014 22:59:29 -0500, -MIKE-
http://www.woodpeck.com/sawgauge.html

I'm sorry, but who buys this $h!t when you can make it from scraps and a
$15 dial indicator from Harbor Freight.

We're supposed to be wood fabricators and we're paying 100 bucks for
crap we can make in an hour from crap lying around our shops.

I beg your forgiveness! I'll never (hiding his Woodpeckers brochure
behind his back) even think about this again. I promise.

They DO make some really cool jigs though, huh? :-)

I knew you'd come around. ;-)

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

On 4/17/14, 10:19 AM, Gordon Shumway wrote:
On Wed, 16 Apr 2014 22:59:29 -0500, -MIKE-

http://www.woodpeck.com/sawgauge.html

I'm sorry, but who buys this $h!t when you can make it from
scraps and a $15 dial indicator from Harbor Freight.

We're supposed to be wood fabricators and we're paying 100
bucks for crap we can make in an hour from crap lying around
our shops.

I beg your forgiveness! I'll never (hiding his Woodpeckers
brochure behind his back) even think about this again. I
promise.

They DO make some really cool jigs though, huh? :-)

I knew you'd come around. ;-)

I have a *hard* time not forking it over for their one-time jigs they
sell at Woodcraft every few months.
Always beautiful designs and very functional.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
http://mikedrums.com

---remove "DOT" ^^^^ to reply

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

On 4/17/14, 10:19 AM, Gordon Shumway wrote:
On Wed, 16 Apr 2014 22:59:29 -0500, -MIKE-
http://www.woodpeck.com/sawgauge.html

I'm sorry, but who buys this $h!t when you can make it from scraps and a
$15 dial indicator from Harbor Freight.

We're supposed to be wood fabricators and we're paying 100 bucks for
crap we can make in an hour from crap lying around our shops.

I beg your forgiveness! I'll never (hiding his Woodpeckers brochure
behind his back) even think about this again. I promise.

They DO make some really cool jigs though, huh? :-)

They're pretty, too.

http://www.woodpeck.com/ottmtdoweljig.html

Thinking about buying one. ;-)