Posted to rec.woodworking

Default The Curio Cabinets Are Done

The man I use for glass came today and installed the glass. He did a
great job as usual..

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb11211/13114369693/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb11211/13114372953/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb11211/13114271325/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb11211/13114540325/
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Leon" wrote:

The man I use for glass came today and installed the glass. He did
a great job as usual..

As usual, so did you.

Lew

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Wednesday, March 12, 2014 5:58:38 PM UTC-5, Leon wrote:
The man I use for glass came today and installed the glass. He did a

great job as usual..

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb11211/13114369693/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb11211/13114372953/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb11211/13114271325/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb11211/13114540325/

Looks terrific! That's an awesome color.
Posted to rec.woodworking

Leon wrote:
The man I use for glass came today and installed the glass. He did a
great job as usual..

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb11211/13114369693/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb11211/13114372953/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb11211/13114271325/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb11211/13114540325/

Congratulations! If it was my work I would be proud that they came out
at the same height, and that they don't lean (a half a cm at the bottom
could made a big difference at the top!) In fact, it sounds all that
much tougher to make a "pair" of something, because it would seem to
invite comparison... You were obviously successful!

Cheers,
Bill

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 3/12/2014 4:58 PM, Leon wrote:
The man I use for glass came today and installed the glass. He did a
great job as usual..

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb11211/13114369693/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb11211/13114372953/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb11211/13114271325/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb11211/13114540325/

Super! Dare I say "gorgeous"? ;-)

If I buy a new SawStop will I be able to make a set of those? ;-)
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 3/12/2014 6:58 PM, Leon wrote:
The man I use for glass came today and installed the glass. He did a
great job as usual..

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb11211/13114369693/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb11211/13114372953/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb11211/13114271325/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb11211/13114540325/

Nice.. how'd you mount the glass in the rabbets?
Just silicone, or rubber strips, or wood trim.

--
Jeff
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 3/12/2014 7:17 PM, Michael wrote:
On Wednesday, March 12, 2014 5:58:38 PM UTC-5, Leon wrote:
The man I use for glass came today and installed the glass. He did a

great job as usual..

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb11211/13114369693/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb11211/13114372953/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb11211/13114271325/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb11211/13114540325/

Looks terrific! That's an awesome color.

Thank you! I used Walnut Grain Paint! ;~)
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 3/12/2014 7:29 PM, Bill wrote:
Leon wrote:
The man I use for glass came today and installed the glass. He did a
great job as usual..

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb11211/13114369693/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb11211/13114372953/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb11211/13114271325/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb11211/13114540325/

Congratulations! If it was my work I would be proud that they came out
at the same height, and that they don't lean (a half a cm at the bottom
could made a big difference at the top!) In fact, it sounds all that
much tougher to make a "pair" of something, because it would seem to
invite comparison... You were obviously successful!

Cheers,
Bill

Thank you Bill.

You will learn that the key to things coming out the same is to cut all
of the pieces for both cabinets at the same time. ;~)
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 3/12/2014 7:48 PM, Max wrote:
On 3/12/2014 4:58 PM, Leon wrote:
The man I use for glass came today and installed the glass. He did a
great job as usual..

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb11211/13114369693/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb11211/13114372953/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb11211/13114271325/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb11211/13114540325/

Super! Dare I say "gorgeous"? ;-)

Thank you very much Max!

If I buy a new SawStop will I be able to make a set of those? ;-)

Absolutely! in fact if you get the SawStop and bla, bla, bla ;~)

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 3/12/2014 8:29 PM, woodchucker wrote:
On 3/12/2014 6:58 PM, Leon wrote:
The man I use for glass came today and installed the glass. He did a
great job as usual..

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb11211/13114369693/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb11211/13114372953/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb11211/13114271325/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb11211/13114540325/

Nice.. how'd you mount the glass in the rabbets?
Just silicone, or rubber strips, or wood trim.

I use this guy. ;~)
http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb11211/13114369693/

Actually all of the glass is held in place by some type of clear
silicone adhesive applied with a caulk gun. Paul, the glass guy, does a
great job.

I build in rabbits for all of the glass to set in to. He applied a
small bead of the adhesive on the perimeter face of the rabbet. Unless
you are specifically looking for the adhesive you don't notice it. It
beats the heck out of closing the glass in with moldings and there is no
glass rattle.
Posted to rec.woodworking

Leon wrote:

If I buy a new SawStop will I be able to make a set of those? ;-)

Absolutely! in fact if you get the SawStop and bla, bla, bla ;~)

Somebody always starts up that saw mill at just the wrong moment! : )
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 3/12/2014 5:58 PM, Leon wrote:
The man I use for glass came today and installed the glass. He did a
great job as usual..

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb11211/13114369693/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb11211/13114372953/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb11211/13114271325/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb11211/13114540325/

Beautifully done, as usual. Gonna have to invent some new adjectives to
describe your sterling work, Bubba.

--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net
Posted to rec.woodworking

Swingman wrote:
On 3/12/2014 5:58 PM, Leon wrote:
The man I use for glass came today and installed the glass. He did a
great job as usual..

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb11211/13114369693/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb11211/13114372953/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb11211/13114271325/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb11211/13114540325/

Beautifully done, as usual. Gonna have to invent some new adjectives to
describe your sterling work, Bubba.

Thank you, thank you, thank you very much.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 3/13/14, 6:04 AM, Swingman wrote:
On 3/12/2014 5:58 PM, Leon wrote:
The man I use for glass came today and installed the glass. He did a
great job as usual..

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb11211/13114369693/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb11211/13114372953/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb11211/13114271325/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb11211/13114540325/

Beautifully done, as usual. Gonna have to invent some new adjectives to
describe your sterling work, Bubba.

Yeah, ain't that the truth? I hate this guy. :-)

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
http://mikedrums.com

---remove "DOT" ^^^^ to reply

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Wed, 12 Mar 2014 21:09:38 -0500, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet
wrote:

On 3/12/2014 7:17 PM, Michael wrote:
On Wednesday, March 12, 2014 5:58:38 PM UTC-5, Leon wrote:
The man I use for glass came today and installed the glass. He did a

great job as usual..

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb11211/13114369693/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb11211/13114372953/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb11211/13114271325/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb11211/13114540325/

Looks terrific! That's an awesome color.

Thank you! I used Walnut Grain Paint! ;~)

Oh, I thought they still needed paint. ;-)

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

On 3/12/2014 7:17 PM, Michael wrote:
On Wednesday, March 12, 2014 5:58:38 PM UTC-5, Leon wrote:
The man I use for glass came today and installed the glass. He did a

great job as usual..

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb11211/13114369693/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb11211/13114372953/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb11211/13114271325/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb11211/13114540325/

Looks terrific! That's an awesome color.

Thank you! I used Walnut Grain Paint! ;~)

Oh, I thought they still needed paint. ;-)

That walnut grain paint is pretty good, HUH? Cant even tell that they
were already painted. ;~)
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

On 3/12/2014 7:17 PM, Michael wrote:
On Wednesday, March 12, 2014 5:58:38 PM UTC-5, Leon wrote:
The man I use for glass came today and installed the glass. He did a

great job as usual..

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb11211/13114369693/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb11211/13114372953/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb11211/13114271325/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb11211/13114540325/

Looks terrific! That's an awesome color.

Thank you! I used Walnut Grain Paint! ;~)

Oh, I thought they still needed paint. ;-)

That walnut grain paint is pretty good, HUH? Cant even tell that they
were already painted. ;~)

Well, that's why I'd use white paint on top of a nice oil primer.
Gotta keep that grain from showing through. ...or maybe Formica.

More Woodworking on the Curio Cabinet Leon[_7_] Woodworking 4 February 16th 14 08:03 PM
Building Kitchen Cabinets - 5 Woodworking Tools You Will Need(kitchen cabinets) [email protected] Home Ownership 0 April 25th 08 01:42 AM
curio ÀϹŶ­ Woodworking 1 February 24th 07 02:32 AM
recommended low voltage lights for curio cabinet arw01 Woodworking 4 September 23rd 05 05:44 AM
CURIO TABLE J T Woodworking 0 August 28th 05 10:21 PM