Posted to rec.woodworking

Default More Woodworking on the Curio Cabinet

The walnut curio cabinets call for a bunch of 1/4" radius half round
moldings. About 48 pieces IIRC This morning I started with two 1x10
walnut boards, 43" and 47" long.

I used a bull nose router bit on my router table to mill both edges of
both boards and then I would cut the round portion off of the boards at
the TS. I allowed the 1/2 round molding to fall off on the waste side
of the blade so I had to precisely adjust the rip fence 3/8" to cut the
opposite edge of each board.

So any way, here is what the profile looks like

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb11211/12567036365/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb11211/12567031145/

And the results. I ended up with two 1/2" wide sticks after milling the
1x10 boards and about 50% more moldings than I sould need. Should I
make a tambour top now? LOL

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb11211/12567509514/
Posted to rec.woodworking

Leon wrote:
The walnut curio cabinets call for a bunch of 1/4" radius half round
moldings. About 48 pieces IIRC This morning I started with two 1x10
walnut boards, 43" and 47" long.

I used a bull nose router bit on my router table to mill both edges of
both boards and then I would cut the round portion off of the boards at
the TS. I allowed the 1/2 round molding to fall off on the waste side
of the blade so I had to precisely adjust the rip fence 3/8" to cut the
opposite edge of each board.

So any way, here is what the profile looks like

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb11211/12567036365/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb11211/12567031145/

And the results. I ended up with two 1/2" wide sticks after milling the
1x10 boards and about 50% more moldings than I sould need. Should I
make a tambour top now? LOL

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb11211/12567509514/

Glue them together and make some dowels.

--
 GW Ross

 I'm not smart enough to lie. --Ronald
 Reagan

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 2/16/2014 11:10 AM, Leon wrote:
the results. I ended up with two 1/2" wide sticks after milling the
1x10 boards and about 50% more moldings than I sould need. Should I
make a tambour top now? LOL

Nope, that's only dogs way of making sure you will eventually have no
more on room in your shop to move around. DAMHIKT

(Got a new helper, I don't recognize those shoes? They look like sorta
look like something a quilter would wear?)

(And, fercrissakes, Bubba ... the new is off, eh? You're letting that
Sawstop get entirely too much sawdust on it!)

Nice work, BTW ... as usual!

--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 2/16/2014 12:26 PM, G. Ross wrote:
Leon wrote:
[...]

LOL there is that too.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 2/16/2014 12:55 PM, Swingman wrote:
On 2/16/2014 11:10 AM, Leon wrote:
the results. I ended up with two 1/2" wide sticks after milling the
1x10 boards and about 50% more moldings than I sould need. Should I
make a tambour top now? LOL

Nope, that's only dogs way of making sure you will eventually have no
more on room in your shop to move around. DAMHIKT

(Got a new helper, I don't recognize those shoes? They look like sorta
look like something a quilter would wear?)

That would be her, she was moving the DC hose from the saw to the
router table every 4 passes, 48 in all.

(And, fercrissakes, Bubba ... the new is off, eh? You're letting that
Sawstop get entirely too much sawdust on it!)

That is a tool not a play pretty. ;~)

Nice work, BTW ... as usual!

Muchie Garcia!

Nigels quote... was cabinet saw on Rec.woodworking C & S Woodworking Plans and Photos 1 May 1st 07 02:50 AM
curio ÀϹŶ­ Woodworking 1 February 24th 07 02:32 AM
handmade woodworking tools: cabinet scraper, bow saw, etc. Andy Woodworking 7 May 4th 06 04:30 AM
recommended low voltage lights for curio cabinet arw01 Woodworking 4 September 23rd 05 05:44 AM
CURIO TABLE J T Woodworking 0 August 28th 05 10:21 PM