Posted to rec.woodworking
G. Ross G. Ross is offline

Default More Woodworking on the Curio Cabinet

Leon wrote:
The walnut curio cabinets call for a bunch of 1/4" radius half round
moldings. About 48 pieces IIRC This morning I started with two 1x10
walnut boards, 43" and 47" long.

I used a bull nose router bit on my router table to mill both edges of
both boards and then I would cut the round portion off of the boards at
the TS. I allowed the 1/2 round molding to fall off on the waste side
of the blade so I had to precisely adjust the rip fence 3/8" to cut the
opposite edge of each board.

So any way, here is what the profile looks like

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb11211/12567036365/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb11211/12567031145/

And the results. I ended up with two 1/2" wide sticks after milling the
1x10 boards and about 50% more moldings than I sould need. Should I
make a tambour top now? LOL

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb11211/12567509514/

Glue them together and make some dowels.

--
 GW Ross

 I'm not smart enough to lie. --Ronald
 Reagan