Posted to rec.woodworking
Andy

Default handmade woodworking tools: cabinet scraper, bow saw, etc.

Just thought I'd share a nice source for some nice tools. I purchased
a cabinet scraper (check out ebay item # 4459692002) a little while
back, and I've been very happy with it - very good quality.
The seller also has other handmade tools on ebay at prices that seem
quite low to me - http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZmary12736QQhtZ-1
should bring up the list of items by this seller if the link works -
seller is mary12736 if it doesn't.
No affiliation; just a satisfied customer.
Andy

Posted to rec.woodworking
2fatty

"Andy" wrote in message
oups.com...
Just thought I'd share a nice source for some nice tools. I purchased
a cabinet scraper (check out ebay item # 4459692002) a little while
back, and I've been very happy with it - very good quality.
The seller also has other handmade tools on ebay at prices that seem
quite low to me - http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZmary12736QQhtZ-1
should bring up the list of items by this seller if the link works -
seller is mary12736 if it doesn't.
No affiliation; just a satisfied customer.
Andy

forget the tools, "Barbra Streisand Vinyl Albums "lot" of 12"!!!

ahh my eyes are burning! I need an emergency eye wash station by my
computer...

Posted to rec.woodworking
bent

ya, but $11

Posted to rec.woodworking
Toller

"Andy" wrote in message
oups.com...
Just thought I'd share a nice source for some nice tools. I purchased
a cabinet scraper (check out ebay item # 4459692002) a little while
back, and I've been very happy with it - very good quality.
The seller also has other handmade tools on ebay at prices that seem
quite low to me - http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZmary12736QQhtZ-1
should bring up the list of items by this seller if the link works -
seller is mary12736 if it doesn't.
No affiliation; just a satisfied customer.
Andy

How long have you been making tools? Er, I mean how long has the guy you
don't know on Ebay been making tools?

Posted to rec.woodworking

2fatty wrote:
"Andy" wrote in message
oups.com...
Just thought I'd share a nice source for some nice tools. I purchased
a cabinet scraper (check out ebay item # 4459692002) a little while
back, and I've been very happy with it - very good quality.
The seller also has other handmade tools on ebay at prices that seem
quite low to me - http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZmary12736QQhtZ-1

The grain of curly maple spirals around the trunk so that the true
grain
direction typically is skewed with respect to the long-axis of the log
so that most boards cut from curly maple are short-grained.

On the pieces I used for a frame saw the grain ran at about a 60 degree
angle to the apparent grain direction, 30 degrees with respect to the
curls. The result was that the saw broke when I tensioned the
blade.

I expect the same will be true for those mallet handles and the
frame saw.

Caveat emptor.

--

FF

Posted to rec.woodworking
Andy

How long have you been making tools? Er, I mean how long has the guy you don't know on Ebay been making tools?

Yeah, it sure sounded like I'm trying to sell my own stuff, didn't it?
Actually, if you can believe it, I just appreciated the product I
ordered from them, so I'm trying to give them some good press. It
wouldn't be too difficult, given what you know of my email address, to
guess my ebay username. Then you could look at the feedback of the
seller I mentioned, and see that I left feedback for 1 item a few
months ago. You could also probably figure out that I live in central
new york, and that this seller is in Illinois.
Oh, and Toller, speaking of CNY, I remember that you're around here
somewhere also. I know Mike Marlow and probably BobS are in the region
also, and maybe others. Mike has suggested in a previous thread that
us CNY woodworkers might be able to get together at Dunkin Donuts
sometime. Sounds like it might be a good idea to get together and talk
about what we actually do, so we're not making incorrect assumptions
about each other.
You up for it?
Andy

Posted to rec.woodworking
AAvK

TSHHH.... forget "dunkin donuts"... go to an independent donut shop that doesn't use potato flour.

LOL

--
Alex - "newbie_neander" woodworker
cravdraa_at-yahoo_dot-com
Posted to rec.woodworking
Mark & Juanita

On Wed, 3 May 2006 19:22:45 -0700, "AAvK" wrote:

TSHHH.... forget "dunkin donuts"... go to an independent donut shop that doesn't use potato flour.

LOL

???? Potato flour? No wonder I've never been impressed by Dunkin'
Doughnuts.