David

Default Veritas cabinet scraper useful if I already have their scraper plane?

is there any application that would make better use of the cabinet
scraper ($46) from LV, as opposed to their scraper plane? I also have
various shaped steel scrapers.

dave

Swingman

"David" wrote in message
is there any application that would make better use of the cabinet
scraper ($46) from LV, as opposed to their scraper plane? I also have
various shaped steel scrapers.

Nice to have, but not a necessary. Even owning one, I generally grab for a
regular scraper first, but on big surfaces, like table tops and glued
panels, the veritas cabinet scraper does save hot thumbs and sore hands.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 11/06/05

David wrote:
is there any application that would make better use of the cabinet
scraper ($46) from LV, as opposed to their scraper plane? I also have
various shaped steel scrapers.

dave

if you are talking about card scrapers.....

1 sure. there are plenty of places where you will want a different
angle/just a corner, some application other than full plane function
from a scraper.

2 I suspect that you are talking about something other than a card
scraper. it's not like LV to price gouge on stuff. a card scraper
should cost between 10 and 20 bucks. got a link to the item in question?

Swingman

wrote in message

got a link to the item in question?

I took it that he was referring to their version of the old Stanley No. 80
cabinet scraper ... maybe not.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 11/06/05

Paul Kierstead

On Mon, 14 Nov 2005 14:04:25 -0800, David wrote:

is there any application that would make better use of the cabinet
scraper ($46) from LV, as opposed to their scraper plane? I also have
various shaped steel scrapers.

I have found the Cabinet scraper very useful for 'heavy' work, like
scraping the bandsaw marks+hide glue off of veneer. Scraper plane, not so
nice for that kind of application.

PK
David

wrote:

got a link to the item in question?

here you go:
http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.a...=1,310&p=46266

Dave
Posted to rec.woodworking
CW

Card scraper for $10.00 to $20.00? Buying those gold plated ones again, eh?

wrote in message
oups.com...
a card scraper
should cost between 10 and 20 bucks. got a link to the item in question?

Posted to rec.woodworking
Chris Friesen

CW wrote:
Card scraper for $10.00 to $20.00? Buying those gold plated ones again, eh?

Maybe its laser-guided...

Chris