Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Gluing Composite Material

I have 3 broken Queen Ann ball & claw stool legs to repair. The legs are made of some sort of composite material. What is needed to glue these back together, epoxy or something else.

I'll likely drill new holes in the tops of the legs, for attaching to the wooden seat frame, but I'd like to glue the upper "corner" broken pieces, where the original attaching screws are located, back together for more structural support of the legs.

I don't know what should be used for gluing composite material and I don't know what kind of composite material this is.

Thanks for any help.
Sonny