Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Gluing Composite Material

Lew Hodgett wrote:

Sonny, What did you finally decide to do? Lew

"Sonny" wrote:

I decided to put that project to the side, for the time being. This
project was brought to my attention while doing several upholstery
projects for the lady's cousin. I have another upholstery customer to
take care of, before focusing on these broken composite stool (legs).
I've written down all the suggestions and will decide, later, what to
do about those legs. Thanks for everyone's help.

Here's a pic of the texture of the composite material. The
brown/yellow color is not correct, but a product of the camera not
flashing.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/43836144@N04/12905279894/

This is more the correct color of the composite material. The legs
are broken where the screws attach the legs to the stool's seat frame.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/4383614...n/photostream/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/4383614...n/photostream/

snip
It would appear that the legs are molded urethane.

IMO, mechanical fasteners will not solve your problem.

When you get around to doing this job, why not take as many detailed
photos as useful showing not only the damaged parts but also what a
non
damaged leg connection looks like, then contact System 3 application
engineering and see what they suggest after looking at photos.

I've got a couple of ideas; however, don't want to contaminate the
idea
pool of ways to approach this project with my ideas before the pros
can
take a look the job.

Have fun.

Lew