Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.woodworking

Default bandsaws - grizzly or jet

Yeah -- I've done the web search / investigation. Wanted to know what the
community opinion was. I'm looking for a bandsaw that's capable of resawing
a min of 10". I only have 120. Current Jet pricing is confusing (besides
pretty expensive).

New 14" JWBS-14sf 13.5" resaw, resaw fence, 1900
16" jwbs-16B 10" resaw 1429
18" jwbs-18qt 12.25" resaw 1785

seems like the 18 should be more than the 16 and why is the 14" so pricy?

For Grizzy I'm looking at a 2hp motor that's 110 capable. They have a
handful of choices also
g0457 10" resaw 995
g0513 12" resaw 895 Why cheaper?
g0513x2 12" resaw 1095
g0513x2b 12" resaw 1295
g0513x2f 12" resaw 1250

I think Jet has almost priced themselves out or the running, unless there's
a really really good reason to go with them.
Recommendations pro or con are welcomed.
Thx

Grizzly DRO on Grizzly square column mill/drill Carl McIver Metalworking 1 October 18th 07 12:35 AM
Grizzly Bandsaws with 2 DC ports? Toller Woodworking 3 August 10th 07 04:31 PM
18" bandsaws Scott Lurndal Woodworking 2 March 10th 05 06:43 PM
Now it is Grizzly VS. Delta was...Grizzly G0444Z Question--no reply from Grizzly Jeff Woodworking 5 February 2nd 04 11:17 PM
Grizzly G0444Z Question--no reply from Grizzly Jeff Woodworking 12 January 19th 04 03:47 PM