Posted to rec.woodworking

Default bandsaws - grizzly or jet

On Mon, 27 Jan 2014 10:06:18 -0600, Leon wrote:

Keep in mind that to resaw wide boards that HP is not the only important
thing to consider. You also need a saw with a wider blade capacity so
that it can be tensioned properly and not drift. Will any of the saws
that you are considering allow you to use a 1" or wider blade?

Leon, I thought the current wisdom was that a 1/2" blade was best for
resaw. Perhaps because of the tensioning you mentioned. I know the
Woodslicer is a 1/2" blade and at least one well known bandsaw book
recommends a 1/2" blade.

--
This msg is for rec.woodworking - not homeowners hub.