Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default bandsaws - grizzly or jet

On 1/26/2014 7:00 PM, xxxx wrote:
Yeah -- I've done the web search / investigation. Wanted to know what the
community opinion was. I'm looking for a bandsaw that's capable of resawing
a min of 10". I only have 120. Current Jet pricing is confusing (besides
pretty expensive).

New 14" JWBS-14sf 13.5" resaw, resaw fence, 1900
16" jwbs-16B 10" resaw 1429
18" jwbs-18qt 12.25" resaw 1785

seems like the 18 should be more than the 16 and why is the 14" so pricy?

For Grizzy I'm looking at a 2hp motor that's 110 capable. They have a
handful of choices also
g0457 10" resaw 995
g0513 12" resaw 895 Why cheaper?
g0513x2 12" resaw 1095
g0513x2b 12" resaw 1295
g0513x2f 12" resaw 1250

I think Jet has almost priced themselves out or the running, unless there's
a really really good reason to go with them.
Recommendations pro or con are welcomed.
Thx

As krw has pointed out the Laguna is worth every consideration. The
ceramic Laguna guides are a gread advantage.