Posted to rec.woodworking

Default O/T: Rain

The battle cry for the 1948 Boston Braves during the World Series with
the Cleveland Braves was "Spahn and Sain and pray for rain" which
pointed out how little pitching the Braves had.

Not sure what battle cry we in California should use but the weather
rains
have been almost non existent the last 2 years.

Red flag fire warnings are posted here in SoCal, the snow pack in the
high
Sierra is very low, the central valley, where a lot of the nations
produce is
grown is in deep trouble and here in SoCal 80F outside my window is
nice
but the rain gage is empty.

No rain forecast the at least the next 2 weeks.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Lew Hodgett wrote:
The battle cry for the 1948 Boston Braves during the World Series with
the Cleveland Braves was "Spahn and Sain and pray for rain" which
pointed out how little pitching the Braves had.

Not sure what battle cry we in California should use but the weather
rains
have been almost non existent the last 2 years.

Red flag fire warnings are posted here in SoCal, the snow pack in the
high
Sierra is very low, the central valley, where a lot of the nations
produce is
grown is in deep trouble and here in SoCal 80F outside my window is
nice
but the rain gage is empty.

No rain forecast the at least the next 2 weeks.

Just wondering why your posts seem always to be a reply (Re but no
suggestion of who you are replying to.

Anyway, sorry about the dry spell. We had 79.4 inches at my house
last year (Georgia). 43 inches in December alone. Wish we could
divert some to California.

--
 GW Ross

 Any problem can be solved with enough
 dynamite! -Slappy Squirrel.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Lew Hodgett" wrote in message
eb.com...
The battle cry for the 1948 Boston Braves during the World Series with
the Cleveland Braves was "Spahn and Sain and pray for rain" which
pointed out how little pitching the Braves had.

Not sure what battle cry we in California should use but the weather rains
have been almost non existent the last 2 years.

Red flag fire warnings are posted here in SoCal, the snow pack in the high
Sierra is very low, the central valley, where a lot of the nations produce
is
grown is in deep trouble and here in SoCal 80F outside my window is nice
but the rain gage is empty.

No rain forecast the at least the next 2 weeks.

Not to worry, California voters will pass an initiative that outlaws dry
spells. Then everything will be OK.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 1/13/2014 8:04 PM, Lee Michaels wrote:

[...]

And the weather guys out there will have to preempt all forecasts with a
cancer warning.

Remember the song.... It never rains in California....but girl let me
warn you....

And they wonder why......
Posted to rec.woodworking

"G. Ross" wrote:

Just wondering why your posts seem always to be a reply (Re but

no
suggestion of who you are replying to.

If you don't start with "", the program automatically adds ""
which means it will write over an "O/T:" flag if one was used.

The "RE" flag protects the "O/T" flag.

BTW, thought "" meant "regarding"

Lew

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Mon, 13 Jan 2014 20:35:38 -0600, Leon wrote:

[...]

Brought to mind a Dean Martin song.

I'm praying for rain in California,
Where the grapes can grow and they can make more wine...

basilisk
Posted to rec.woodworking

Leon wrote:
[...]

it burns! Man, it burns!

--
Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

Rain, rain go away. Water in basement cln Home Repair 9 December 16th 11 04:59 PM
If you don't pay, they'll cut off your rain George Home Repair 1 July 7th 09 01:41 PM
DPM and rain sm_jamieson UK diy 0 August 17th 08 06:42 PM
Rain anyone ? Colin Wilson UK diy 17 May 13th 08 06:20 AM
Rain m Ransley Home Repair 24 July 7th 04 03:57 AM