Posted to rec.woodworking
basilisk[_2_] basilisk[_2_] is offline

Default O/T: Rain

On Mon, 13 Jan 2014 20:35:38 -0600, Leon wrote:

On 1/13/2014 8:04 PM, Lee Michaels wrote:

"Lew Hodgett" wrote in message
eb.com...
The battle cry for the 1948 Boston Braves during the World Series with
the Cleveland Braves was "Spahn and Sain and pray for rain" which
pointed out how little pitching the Braves had.

Not sure what battle cry we in California should use but the weather
rains
have been almost non existent the last 2 years.

Red flag fire warnings are posted here in SoCal, the snow pack in the
high
Sierra is very low, the central valley, where a lot of the nations
produce
is
grown is in deep trouble and here in SoCal 80F outside my window is nice
but the rain gage is empty.

No rain forecast the at least the next 2 weeks.

Not to worry, California voters will pass an initiative that outlaws
dry spells. Then everything will be OK.

And the weather guys out there will have to preempt all forecasts with a
cancer warning.

Remember the song.... It never rains in California....but girl let me
warn you....

And they wonder why......

Brought to mind a Dean Martin song.

I'm praying for rain in California,
Where the grapes can grow and they can make more wine...

basilisk