Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Easy Wood Turning Tools

It has been quite a while since I turned anything. I am considering purchase of Easy Wood turning tools with carbide insert edges. My current set is HSS. Anyone care to share any pros/cons for these? I am not presently interested in the hollowing tools...just the rougher, finisher, and detailer.
Thanks
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 12/26/2013 5:29 PM, BillinGA wrote:
It has been quite a while since I turned anything. I am considering purchase of Easy Wood turning tools with carbide insert edges. My current set is HSS. Anyone care to share any pros/cons for these? I am not presently interested in the hollowing tools...just the rougher, finisher, and detailer.
Thanks

Well if you do not like sharpening and have an arsenal of tools, this is
the way to go.

I have the mid sized, rougher, finisher, and detailer. I'm not sure you
need anything else.

I have had a lathe for 30 years, a couple actually and never turned with
such expertise as with the Easywood tools. There is not learning curve
and basically no more ruined pieces.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Thu, 26 Dec 2013 15:29:23 -0800, BillinGA wrote:

It has been quite a while since I turned anything. I am considering
purchase of Easy Wood turning tools with carbide insert edges. My
current set is HSS. Anyone care to share any pros/cons for these? I am
not presently interested in the hollowing tools...just the rougher,
finisher, and detailer. Thanks

You might want to take a look at:

http://www.woodchuck-tools.com/index.htm

The same thing with a lower price. I bought the bowlpro a few years ago
and it works great. I've talked to the owner and he tells me he's sold
all over the world.

--
This message was for rec.woodworking - if it appears in homeownershub
they ripped it off.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 12/26/2013 4:58 PM, Larry Blanchard wrote:
On Thu, 26 Dec 2013 15:29:23 -0800, BillinGA wrote:

It has been quite a while since I turned anything. I am considering
purchase of Easy Wood turning tools with carbide insert edges. My
current set is HSS. Anyone care to share any pros/cons for these? I am
not presently interested in the hollowing tools...just the rougher,
finisher, and detailer. Thanks

You might want to take a look at:

http://www.woodchuck-tools.com/index.htm

The same thing with a lower price. I bought the bowlpro a few years ago
and it works great. I've talked to the owner and he tells me he's sold
all over the world.

I can highly recommend the Woodchuck tools. Ken has been producing high
quality tools at a great price for many years now and I have bought and
use several of them. I can also recommend the Easy Wood detailer. If you
look closely, it has a rounded tip and not a pointed one like other
detailers. Very nice.

Posted to rec.woodworking

I recently purchased the Sorby Turnmaster. It features a single handle with interchangeable heads. Each head can accommodate a variety of cutters. The basic unit comes with HSS round, square and detail cutters. Because of the interchangeable head, your tool rest needs to be about 2 inches from your work. It has taken me a bit to get used to this, but I am starting to get a feel for it. I also have the Hunter 5 tool, which I like a lot.

Larry

need an easy turning wood asdfasdf Woodturning 15 August 17th 13 04:53 AM
Easy Wood Tools Leon[_7_] Woodworking 6 October 11th 12 12:45 AM
FA: Crown Wood Turning Tools escarcega Woodworking 0 July 18th 10 06:39 PM
WOOD TURNING TOOLS AND JIGS J T Woodworking 4 May 15th 07 05:00 PM
Sharpening wood turning tools on a budgie? T i m UK diy 34 March 8th 07 10:41 PM