Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Easy Wood Tools

A quicky product review.

I got a set of these tools, the mini set, the rougher, the finisher, and
the detailer. VERY easy to learn and VERY easy to use. The learning
curve to turning has almost disappeared. It is hard to screw up with
these tools and they reportedly stay sharp for a very long time. When
dull rotate the carbide cutting tip and you have a new cutting surface.
When the carbide tip is toast, replace it for about $15~$18. I was
told that a tip was good for about 300 pen blanks.

Anyway my other 15 or so tools will collect dust and NO MORE SHARPENING!
Posted to rec.woodworking

Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote in
:

A quicky product review.

I got a set of these tools, the mini set, the rougher, the
finisher, and the detailer. VERY easy to learn and VERY
easy to use. The learning curve to turning has almost
disappeared. It is hard to screw up with these tools and
they reportedly stay sharp for a very long time. When dull
rotate the carbide cutting tip and you have a new cutting
surface.
When the carbide tip is toast, replace it for about
$15~$18. I was
told that a tip was good for about 300 pen blanks.

Anyway my other 15 or so tools will collect dust and NO
MORE SHARPENING!

Are they secret or are you going to give us a link?

Larry

Posted to rec.woodworking

Larry wrote in
:

Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote in
:

A quicky product review.

I got a set of these tools, the mini set, the rougher, the
finisher, and the detailer. VERY easy to learn and VERY
easy to use. The learning curve to turning has almost
disappeared. It is hard to screw up with these tools and
they reportedly stay sharp for a very long time. When
dull rotate the carbide cutting tip and you have a new
cutting surface.
When the carbide tip is toast, replace it for about
$15~$18. I was
told that a tip was good for about 300 pen blanks.

Anyway my other 15 or so tools will collect dust and NO
MORE SHARPENING!

Are they secret or are you going to give us a link?

Larry

Duh! For all of the other people as dumb as I you can look
here...

http://www.easywoodtools.com

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 10/9/2012 9:56 PM, Larry wrote:
Larry wrote in
:

[...]

Actually I copied the link with the sole purpose of pasting it in the
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 10/9/2012 9:37 PM, Leon wrote:
[...]

I've been using the mini finisher exclusively for all of my pen turning
for about a year now (well, except for tenons on those pens that require
such). Works equally well on wood and acrylics.

Matt

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 10/10/2012 10:01 AM, Matt wrote:
On 10/9/2012 9:37 PM, Leon wrote:
[...]

Good to know about the acrylics. Have you turned any of the metals or
stones blanks yet?

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 10/9/2012 9:37 PM, Leon wrote:
[...]

Not really interested in the metals, but I do have a couple of the stone
blanks I'll be doing this winter, maybe after the first of the year. I
did turn a small piece of the Tru-stone material that was left over
after sizing the blanks for a pen (still in my "to do" box) - that
turned well, and polished up nicely going to 12,000 grit.

Matt