Posted to rec.woodworking

Default It's a girl!

Picked up my new lathe today. After much deliberation decided on the Nova 1624-44. Asked for some input from the turners at SMC and one who lives in my area had one for sale. (My area included a 180 mile drive each way to pick it up.) It is one heavy mother and took me and a neighbor to get it off the truck and onto the cast iron legs. Came with the 20 inch extension and the supplemental tool rest for turning off the bed. Bottom line (for a little gloat) about $2,500 worth of lathe and accessories for $1,200 and a tank of regular. Not my best deal, but a fair price.

Larry
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 12/7/2013 5:47 PM, Gramps' shop wrote:
Picked up my new lathe today. After much deliberation decided on the Nova 1624-44. Asked for some input from the turners at SMC and one who lives in my area had one for sale. (My area included a 180 mile drive each way to pick it up.) It is one heavy mother and took me and a neighbor to get it off the truck and onto the cast iron legs. Came with the 20 inch extension and the supplemental tool rest for turning off the bed. Bottom line (for a little gloat) about $2,500 worth of lathe and accessories for $1,200 and a tank of regular. Not my best deal, but a fair price.

Larry

Ya done good, Larry!!

---

Posted to rec.woodworking

Chuck wrote:
On 12/7/2013 5:47 PM, Gramps' shop wrote:
Picked up my new lathe today. After much deliberation decided on
the Nova 1624-44. Asked for some input from the turners at SMC and
one who lives in my area had one for sale. (My area included a 180
mile drive each way to pick it up.) It is one heavy mother and took
me and a neighbor to get it off the truck and onto the cast iron
legs. Came with the 20 inch extension and the supplemental tool rest
for turning off the bed. Bottom line (for a little gloat) about
$2,500 worth of lathe and accessories for $1,200 and a tank of
regular. Not my best deal, but a fair price. Larry

Ya done good, Larry!!

Yeah - like he said - you suck Larry!

--

-Mike-

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Gramps' shop" wrote:
Picked up my new lathe today. After much deliberation decided on the
Nova 1624-44. Asked for some input from the turners at SMC and one who
lives in my area had one for sale. (My area included a 180 mile drive
each way to pick it up.) It is one heavy mother and took me and a
neighbor to get it off the truck and onto the cast iron legs. Came with
the 20 inch extension and the supplemental tool rest for turning off the
bed. Bottom line (for a little gloat) about $2,500 worth of lathe and
accessories for $1,200 and a tank of regular. Not my best deal, but a fair price.

Larry

Well done ... I'd say that is well worth a big "you suck!".

Congratulations.

--
www.ewoodshop.com (Mobile)
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 12/7/2013 5:47 PM, Gramps' shop wrote:
Picked up my new lathe today. After much deliberation decided on the Nova 1624-44. Asked for some input from the turners at SMC and one who lives in my area had one for sale. (My area included a 180 mile drive each way to pick it up.) It is one heavy mother and took me and a neighbor to get it off the truck and onto the cast iron legs. Came with the 20 inch extension and the supplemental tool rest for turning off the bed. Bottom line (for a little gloat) about $2,500 worth of lathe and accessories for $1,200 and a tank of regular. Not my best deal, but a fair price.

Larry

Damn... you suck...

--
Jeff