Posted to rec.woodworking
woodchucker[_3_] woodchucker[_3_] is offline

Default It's a girl!

On 12/7/2013 5:47 PM, Gramps' shop wrote:
Picked up my new lathe today. After much deliberation decided on the Nova 1624-44. Asked for some input from the turners at SMC and one who lives in my area had one for sale. (My area included a 180 mile drive each way to pick it up.) It is one heavy mother and took me and a neighbor to get it off the truck and onto the cast iron legs. Came with the 20 inch extension and the supplemental tool rest for turning off the bed. Bottom line (for a little gloat) about $2,500 worth of lathe and accessories for $1,200 and a tank of regular. Not my best deal, but a fair price.

Larry

Damn... you suck...

--
Jeff