Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Valuable resource

This group is and can be a valuable resource with the ever changing
construction
business.
I do woodworking and also, am a General Contractor.
I appreciate reading posts on technique and tools.
With my business like I tell folks, I do a variety of projects from million
dollar houses to chicken coops, and backyard fences.....
Lately I have been a "Stone Mason" since my job calls for stone laying, and
my friend, a Mason, is guiding me, and giving me tips of his trades.

So, I do like the variety of topics, especially construction related......
Yes, I know Politics gets in the picture, and like any job we work on, there
always comes a time when the discussion creeps into the workplace.

So, as long as everyone can vent their own beliefs, talk construction,
discuss the latest News event, I have no problems......

I do like the binaries construction.....allowing pics. to be sent.
There has not been a lot of traffic on the news group either.
So, that is my story.......
every 8 penny nail of it......
had to include some construction......
john

Posted to rec.woodworking

This group is and can be a valuable resource

For those of us who don't use, hence know, all the terminology, it's good to have a resource to tell us. It allows us to search the term, to learn it and best understand. Though some of us don't do all the types of work, often, when we do need some work, we can reference the term, appropriately, when we ask for help with doing the construction, project.

Examples: It was good that I was reintroduce to the term "purlin". Over the years, I had forgotten what they actually were, though I had recalled the term. Some folks weren't/aren't aware of what a "radio arm saw" is.... innocent "mistakes"(?).

Not all of us are fully abreast of all terms, applications, etc. that are useful, when working on or planning a project, etc., and it's good to have a reference, for better/best describing what we want to do. Not everyone can describe their issues properly, since they don't know the proper term. Just because someone (lurker) doesn't participate in a discussion, doesn't mean they aren't paying attention and learning from others.

Sonny
Posted to rec.woodworking

In article ,
Sonny wrote:
...sniped...
.... Some folks weren't/aren't aware of what a "radio arm
saw" ....

uh, that's "radio ALARM saw" to us seasoned woodworkers!